Cabo Pulmo worth the drive & $$ ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cabo Pulmo on those dates should be totally worth it, and those 4 hours drive are worth it on their own if you ask me....specially when you pass San Jose and start getting into the Pulmo area. Gorgeous landscape

Car rental companies are ok with going to Cabo Pulmo, the road generally is in pretty good shape, unless there's been a lot of rain - and then even the freeways get bad down there.

The diving is great, but the water temps can be pretty cool, plan extra layers.

Photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/opticalocean/albums/72157680240883110

33680159036_9558e8143e_z.jpg

I enjoyed the dives but the viz was very poor .. about 25ft or so. Dove El Islote (kinda boring) and El Bajo. At El Bajo there was a ton of animals. Lots of grouper and shoals of fish, including the Jacks. Would have been a spectacular dive if the viz was better. In the Cabo area, did get visited by a whale shark and saw a ton of Mobula rays (see my other post). The trip was worth it but I hope my luck with the viz is better next time .. and there will be a next time!

Back
Top Bottom