Cabo Pulmo recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The one time I did Cabo Pulmo in February, I saw none at El Vencedor and a shadow of one at another divesite. I've had better luck in November - at least a dozen in one dive in November 2019. And at least one also at El Vencedor in November 2014, altho just that one in 3 days of diving.

As you may have read in other threads in this Mexico forum, Cabo Pulmo park rules these days make it rather difficult for you to get to dive El Vencedor if you go there for just one day. It doesn't mean that they are not at other dive sites, but El Vencedor is where I've had most luck.

We went to cabo pulmo mid march this year and had 10 bull sharks on 2 dives. The guys did say it was unusual that the conditions were so good. ( visbility) as we went back around 10 days later and the viz was pretty bad. But on the whole I believe the bull sharks are there in March you just need good conditions.

We went to cabo pulmo mid march this year and had 10 bull sharks on 2 dives. The guys did say it was unusual that the conditions were so good. ( visbility) as we went back around 10 days later and the viz was pretty bad. But on the whole I believe the bull sharks are there in March you just need good conditions.
It just depends. I've been there in March when the DMs said they hadn't seen any in weeks and that they didn't expect to see any that week. Then saw one in really murky conditions at El Vencedor. It's hit or miss.

We went first week of January to Cabo Pulmo - bull sharks were good, but visibility 15-20 feet and water was getting cold about 70 degrees. Our dive guid said the water would be getting colder and greener from then on and that the best time to go was September-October. Diving was very interesting still and we are definitely considering trying it when water is warmer and visibility better. We also dove on the same trip in La Paz and seals were really fun and some fish action too but also visibility was under 20 feet mostly and water getting to 70 degrees. For us it was the first trip to Baja California Sur - also combining with Socorro liveaboard - and definitely diving in both La Paz and Cabo Pulmo is well worth it. Here are videos from Cabo Pulmo and La Paz and write up with more detail here Mexico – Divingmore

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom