Cabo Pulmo recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deaf diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am in the planning stages of a trip to CP for late Feb early March. My dates are flexible. I am planning on 10 days. Looking at Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort and diving with them. Any one have any info on them or recommendations for other places

Not really a good time to dive CP. You will be lucky to see any sharks or the jack ball. We dove CP 10 days ago and it was pretty bad.

I’ve been in Cabo Pulmo about 4 times. The last time was in May last year (as shown in the video, below) with mediocre visibility, no schooling of bigeye jacks, but lots of Bull Sharks. However, the best times were in September & October with clearer water & large schooling of bigeye jacks.

Thanks Dan yeah the viz doesnt look so great. I cant decide if I want to go in March or not. I am hearing its certainly not the best time to go....

November has worked for me as far as warm waters and good viz. In November 2019, we saw at least 12 bulls at El Vencedor (the DM counted 15) and the big school of big-eye jacks out in the blue on sandy bottom.

I have eaten at the Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort restaurant - that's as much as I can tell you about the place. It I had the best burger I had while in Cabo Pulmo (granted, I didn't look all over).

We ate almost all our meals at a place called Caballero, which is up the street heading north. That is strictly Mexican food.

I usually go with a group of 4-5 and rent a house from Baja Bungalows, and dive with Mar y Sierra.

The water is cooler in March than in October/November, but there are still things to see. The resident reef critters are there year round. The bull sharks tend to like the cooler temperatures. The schools of Jack's are in the late fall. We always stay at Baja Bungalows and dive with Thierry (Mar y Sierra) but there are other good operations. Manuela at Blue Passion is great as is the divemaster @kumimonster dives with....so is Cezar, but I don't have contact info for him. Pick a time you want to go, book a place to stay and then contact one of the four people I mentioned.

Ressurrecting this topic: February/March is good for bull sharks? I was considering a day there before my Socorro liveaboard.
Planning to dive also La Paz for the sea lions. Any other must-dos around there? Probably have 3 full days before my liveaboard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom