cabo in dec.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big Jay 07

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello my wife and I are looking for any suggestionson dive sites/shops in cabo.We both have about 25 dives inland and are cirt. advanced, deep,nitrox.We are planing 4 or 5 dives and would like a varitey of dive/photo sitesThanks Jay

Cabo san Lucas will ok in dec. We are going For New Years.I have dove there a lot.Two Times with Baja Dive and have reservations for our next Trip with them.
There are great photo ops on most of the wall dives there lots of fish and micro Life so bring a close up lens.Have a good time.

Underwater Diversions is a good op, nice big comfy boat for local dives.
Gordo Banks is a great dive, it's a seamount at 110 ft, great deep water dive, schooling Jacks and Tuna, possible hammerheads if you're lucky. I think Dec is the beginning of the whale watching season, might get to kill two birds with one stone on that trip.
My Cabo Trip Report

...and welcome to :sblogo:

I've gone with Underwater Diversions and with Manta Divers. Both were good dives. The local operators tend to like 3 mm wetsuits. I really enjoyed my 7 mm last December.

What is the best way to get to cabo from the airport there are 4 of us we don,t want to rent a car untill we get there and need one.Thanks Jay

interested in this also, hope i don't distract from the original posters questions?

we are heading down there from the 14th-23rd of Dec, and I'm trying to figure out diving. I'm going to have to find a buddy down there to. Do you guys know about spearfishing down there? do you guys just take everything but your weights and your drysuit? I need to get a wetsuit for down there it sounds like? do you guys rent them down there, or take em

you can take a taxi or bus, last time my friends went down, they just took a bus, super cheap, super crowded. just don't let one of the time share people try to talk you into driving you to the hotel, or you won't get there until late that night after they have tried and tried again to sell you something, not speaking from experiance, just what I've heard.

We are bringing most of our gear and 5mil the water is mid 70s.we don't pack many clothes for 70/ 80 deg.I just booked a private transfer for 35.pp rt.they will stop for food and beer on the way to where we are staying in town 1 day and the rest at pb sunset Last year the ts hawkers were bad at the airport I am not sure what days we are diving we have 2 non divers in the group maybe we can dive together? Jay

big jay 07:
Hello my wife and I are looking for any suggestionson dive sites/shops in cabo.We both have about 25 dives inland and are cirt. advanced, deep,nitrox.We are planing 4 or 5 dives and would like a varitey of dive/photo sitesThanks Jay
Amigos del Mar is a good shop. They have a wide trimaran boat with a head and lots of room to put your stuff. They also have oxygen on board, a cel phone and a rinse hose for your camera. They are a dedicated dive shop, located near the cruise ship pier. Close to where they hang the catch of the day and also the inside trinket mall (like a beach vendors mall). Good idea to take the warm wetsuit, I dove in late November and needed a hood with a 5 mil full suit (it might've been a 3mil full suit). Take your macro lens because the vis will be just ok but there are lots of nudibranchs to photograph. Have fun. :blinking:

Thanks for the info does the amigo boat have a dive platform on or a ladder? Yes we are bringing a full 5 mill . Jay

I am also going to Cabo Dec 29th thru Jan 5th. I hope you don't mind me asking since we all seem to be looking for the same info.

Can anyone recommend some day trip diving sites?
Restaurants?
Anything out of the ordinary for fun?

Thanks in advance

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom