Cabo Diving - Advice Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alright, just over a week till takeoff. Admittedly, I still haven't made much of an effort to decide which operator to dive with, so this is my final request to you SB folk to let me know which dive operator in Cabo allows for bottom time limited by air, generally caters to experienced divers and has reasonably uncrowded boats (as in, 6 divers or so). I'd rather go with the best DMs on a good boat than save a few bucks. Vacation time is precious to me now with my job, so please let me know who you think I should dive with!

I don't think I'll be making it out to Pulmo, based on the tight schedule (trying to dive in the morning and do other activities during the day, plus a wedding).

Thank you in advance!

Just got back from Cabo Pulmo & Cabo San Lucas. CP is a nice laid back place to stay, dive & hike but the diving's worth the day trip from CSL - ask to dive "El Bajo" & have lunch at Los Caballeros. The morning dives at CSL "Pelican Rock" & "Lands End" were far better than expected - tons of fissh, eels etc & eels at Lands end. Went with Amigos del Mar.

Cabo pulmo conditions are better July to Dec. It was still to windy when we were there last week. Its a long trip just to have a bad Dive you would do better to do the local dives and there is a lot to see in Cabo.

Most shops there will have a day excursion to Pulmo so if you're planning on doing that and diving the morning in the marina in CSL, you might think about doing both with one shop. Just ask them beforehand what days they go to Pulmo. Even if you can't make it to Pulmo, you'll find good diving right there in CSL as other folks have mentioned.

I vote for Amigos del Mar, but it depends on which hotel you are at. We stay on the Pacific side right close to the Marina at Playa Grande and it is just a short walk down the hill to Amigos, they are located close to the fish scale and cruise ship dock. I would check out what kind of boat that Baja dive is using, several of the dive ops use pangas to dive out of. Have fun. choco

Choco, you bring up a good point. I'm staying at Villa Del Arco. Does anyone know if this is conveniently located in relation to any of the good dive operators in CSL? How far is this from Tesoro Los Cabos Resort, where Baja Dive is located?

Again, I'm likely not headed up to CP, just hoping to get some morning dives in out of CSL. I'm mostly going off of the recommendation of Sue, who's been diving out of CSL and likes Baja Dive. I still haven't booked with any dive op, do they generally have room for walk-ins and bookings w/ short notice this time of year?

Also, I'm planning on wearing a 5/4 suit w/ 5mm hood and 2mm gloves - does this sound about right for the water temps there (I'd rather err on the side of being a little too warm than too cold).

You should be fine re: exposure if you want to err on the warm side. I think the temps are low 70's. I was OK in a 3:2 with no hood or gloves, but my wife was a bit chilly in the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom