Cabo dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TJ O'Dwyer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just returned from San Jose Cabo. Stayed at the El Presidente. Don't. Service was bad except for a few people. too man flies and gnats in bar areas and patio. seemed to me they couldn't handle the extra crowd from cozamel and Cancun.
This was my initial diving trip as i just got certified. I dove with Underwater Dimension on 2 days. great outfit. Nice and easy and they are very alert. Diving around the point was awesome. visibility was about 60- 80 ft (25m) marine life very abundant including the sea lions. One day took a trip with PDS to Pulmo. Not as much marine life but did get to see manta rays!
overall a good trip for my 1st set of dives. went from 32 minutes under to 47 minutes.
practice, practice practice..lol
Underwater dimensions recently replaced their BCD gear and i had a hole in my hose. This was the second time its happened to them if you use their bcd's check the hoses!

TJ O'Dwyer:
...Diving around the point was awesome...marine life very abundant ...

Is it just me, or did you notice different marine life on the harbor side vs. the Pacific side of Land's End? For instance, more and darker lobsters on the Pacific side, hanging out higher on the wall, vs fewer and lighter-colored lobsters hanging out towards the bottom of Pelican Rock? Any differences in your perception? Overall, thanks for the report, TJ, that makes this overcast Dallas day a little brighter.

--Wayne

Well lucky you, Mantas at Cabo Pulmo, I'm jealous. How big? How many?

water t emp was about 78 and I used a 3mm, although some divers were in shoties Mantas were about 1 - 1.5 m wide. Did spot a baby manta at lands end

I'm surprised you didn't see a lot of fish in cabo pulmo. It is one of my favorite dives. We always see so many things there but, we usually dive in summer. Any schools of porcupine puffers? That is something to see. Hundreds all hovering in one direction. Were any groupers around? Lucky for the manta we missed them every time. The mobula rays will actually fly out of the water there and in cabo corridor its pretty crazy and quite a sight.

We first went out to the rock offshore visibility was about 30 feet - 10 m and not much marine life. 2nd dive to the reef more life but not as mush as in los cabos. maybe they came to the states for thanksgiving. did not see any puffers saw about a doen conch and loads of starfish on the rocks. even the needle starfish( thats not hte correct name I know)

Back
Top Bottom