Cabo Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RainTurtle

Reaction score
We got back on Monday from a long weekend diving trip to Cabo San Lucas. This was my first time to Cabo and I'd say that I'll go back. Since we only had two days to dive and we weren't sure if going the extra distance to Cabo Plumo or the other spots would be worth it, we opted just to do local dives. We dove with Manta and I would highly recommend Manta Divers to anyone diving in Cabo. The staff - Gil, Nacho and Sumo were really wonderful - very helpful, respectful and made our experience great. To me the water was chilly - I started with my full 3 mil and added my shorty 3 mil on top of that after the first dive - a move which Gil told me was smart. Nacho told us that the cooler water temp had only been around about a week - I think they said somewhere around 76 degress. As for the dives, I enjoyed them all. We did Pelican's Rock, Neptune's finger and Land's End. We saw a Manta at Pelican's Rock which was very nice and on all dives there were a lot of fish, eels, a few lobsters, few nudibranchs...etc. I really enjoyed the Land's End dive with the seal lions because we got to experience the large ball of sardine fish which the sea lions dive into the feed. It was a very unique experience and according to Gil only occurs a few weeks a year.

As for my hotel experience - we stayed at El Presidente and it was pretty bad. The food was terrible and most of the staff had poor attitudes. Either a staff member was over the top friendly or terrible - more of them terrible. The facilites were clean and nice and if you are up for the typical tourist goofy antics then you'd like their activities staff - very fun. And if you like a strong margarita then you'd love their bartenders - one was my limit.

When we go back, I'll opt for a different season and probably going down to La Paz to try their diving and get a more laid back atmosphere but as I said, I'll most likely go back someday.

Hope this helps anyone out there interested in Cabo.

Suzanne : )

Glad you enjoyed your trip! Nice trip report. Sounds like you had a great time, especially with the sea lions. That was one of my favorite things about the dives we did in La Paz with Nautilus Explorer. You should try La Paz next time you're there.

I dove with Manta last year and really liked them. I'll be there in two weeks while on a cruise. Since I do my dives through the curise ship, I don't know what dive company it will be. Right now I've got my arm in a cast. Its waterproof, but I'm trying to figure out whether it will go through the arm of a wetsuit. I'm planning on using the 7mm pants from a farmer john, a 7mm hooded vest and tying the whole mess together with a 3mm shorty. My arms will be cold, but I should be able to dive.

Yeah, as far as cabo is concerned, I prefer to stay at the costa real when diving, the diveshops are in the hotel lobby almost and the dock is right there too. Good service, decent rooms and no mexican cockroaches.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom