Cabo Dive Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bennyscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was wondering if people had recommendations for good dive operators in Cabo San Lucas. I am an advanced diver and hope to do 4-5 days worth of diving at different sites (particulary cabo pulmo - but if anyone has specific recommendations that would be great). I generally prefer diving with small shops because I find that they give the best tours and are most likely to let you dive to your skills.

However I will also be travelling with my older sister and brother in law who are relatively new divers, and my younger sister who is going to do a referral course. I would like to do this all through one shop for ease.

The shops that I have seen most posted are Amigos del Mar and Underwater Diversions. Are their any other shops that people would recommend (or not recommend). It would have to be a shop that would give lessons but also be able to catter well to advanced divers.

Also I will be travelling over new years (I know early planning) but what would be good dives to do at that time of year and is their any hope of seeing Hammerheads and/or Whale Sharks?

Cheers,

Ben

I'm going to go with Underwater Diversions for the first time this year,last year I went with Amigos del Mar and had a great time. Alot of my buddies recommend Underwater Diversions, Manta or Blue Adventure. as far as the sharks I'm not sure but I think the best time is from late May to late November. Have fun
Rod

Blue adventures was great. Nice boat, nice captain, nice DM. And of course, nice diving!

The cabo pulmo resort was nice. If you'll have a car it's more fun to drive there and dive than take a boat up. El Bajo was great!

I just got back from Cabo. Went with Underwater Diversions. They were great - ask for Ivan. They were very accomodating. We had a diver on our trip that had just gotten certified and they balanced out the diving accordingly. None of the local dives a extremely difficult. Gordo Banks is the only one that would be for an advanced diver.

If I remember correctly, most of the shops seem to only offer the Cabo Pulmo and Gordo Banks trips May-November. I think Gordo is the one that has the most chance for Hammerheads.

SFScuba, do you know why most places don't go during the winter?

Thanks,

Ben

I think you can look around a bit and find a shop that will take you to Cabo Pulmo. Manta Divers stops its trips to CP at the end of October. I would check into both Amigos del Mar and Lands End Divers. When you find a shop that goes to CP year-round, the only hurdle left is headcount. When we dove with Amigos, that magic number was 4.

Judging by what I've seen on SB with people going to CSL in the winter months, the water temps do drop. It was in the low 70's even in August. I think that scares off a lot of divers used to warm Caribbean water, so diving demand may go down in the winter months. (Those temps are probably bathtub water to most US West Coast divers). CSL isn't very far below the Tropic of Cancer and I've heard that it can get into the 50's in the winter months at night. You may want to research...

We decided to save the cash on our trip in a few weeks and split our time between CP & CSL, so we can get in multiple dives at CP. Now, if I can only remember the way there at night.... :)

I've talked with some of the folks down there and the most common reason is the weather. Rod

3days 23hrs 10min till Cabo

Winter is rainy season, so diving isn't as popular and most shops just close for the winter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom