Cabo airport ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NDH

Reaction score
What is the best way to get to Tesoro (at the marina) from the airport. Our travel agents has no idea. And what would be the cost?
I went online and and the shuddle quoted me 60 bucks for two people round trip is that right. Cozumel I thought was alot cheaper.

Does your hotel offer a shuttle to and from the airport? That's how we're doing it, in September.

NDH:
What is the best way to get to Tesoro (at the marina) from the airport. Our travel agents has no idea. And what would be the cost?
I went online and and the shuddle quoted me 60 bucks for two people round trip is that right. Cozumel I thought was alot cheaper.

Seriously (or not, as you choose :wink: )

1. Pre-arranged shuttle. $60 r/t for two is not unreasonable
  2. Taxi from airport. Negotiate the price before you get in. You might get a good deal. (Most probably not; taxis are pretty expensive)
  3. One-way car rental; drop off in Cabo.
  4. When you exit customs at the airport, stop by a timeshare vendor, and agree to listen to a presentation in return for free transportation (j/k!!!)
  5. Take a bus. You'll need a taxi ride from the airport out to the highway; then, take a bus to San Jose, then, another bus to Cabo. (Bus fare will be on the order of $1 to $3; on the other hand, I'd pay the taxi/shuttle to save time!)
  6. Car rental for 1 week (or however long your stay). You do want to spend some non-diving time, don't you? A trip to Todos Santos; a trip to San Jose?
  7. Hitchhike (j/k!!!)
  8. Buddy up w/ Jcsgt's travel agent, who seems to be able to score free trips (and while you're at it, get Jcsgt's buddy to get me a free trip to Fiji too! :D )
  9. Prearrange dives with a dive op; ask them to also pick you up at the airport (never heard of anyone doing that, but who knows?)

I've read in travel books that you can negotiate car rates with the rental car agents at the airport if it's slow.

A warning: When you exit the customs gate at the airport, you'll see a whole bunch of cheerful-looking helpful folks. Those are the dreaded time-share salesfolk! (They're actually pretty nice. It's the guys trying to close the deal after the dreadfully long and boring talk who are truly miserable!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom