Cabilao: Polaris or La Estrella?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When Maggie and I were there, we had 4 dives a day, though we were there in a quiet period, and were the only ones on the boat. Having said that, we did not ask specifically, it was just like that from the word go..

Z...

actually, Gregg of Polaris just needs you to inform him of your preferred # of dives at least a day before so they can prepare. :) also, he is very particular about not mixing experienced and inexperienced divers (although, how he is sizing folks up is not clearly known to me- i guess its something he is used to doing).

:D ull have a great time diving Cabilao, jigz. we did. :D

I was at Estrella last year just before Halloween - mainly because Polaris was filled up.
BOBET is the MAN....The place was pretty empty, the owner was away, and everything was ultra laid back with maybe only 4 divers at a time. Power curfew didn't bother me at all as long as the beer was cold...It was. Hardly any larger fish, strictly macro which was plentiful, complete with blue ringed octopus. You name it and Bobet will find it. Polaris next door was cosmeticly nicer but I liked Estrella because no one was there and was more funky.

am sure i will. so... how many hours of surface time do i need before i can fly? 24, 12 or 9? :eyebrow:

18. my comp cleared me by 20.

actually, Gregg of Polaris just needs you to inform him of your preferred # of dives at least a day before so they can prepare. :) also, he is very particular about not mixing experienced and inexperienced divers (although, how he is sizing folks up is not clearly known to me- i guess its something he is used to doing).

:D ull have a great time diving Cabilao, jigz. we did. :D

actually. what i liked about them was that the dms pretty much left you to do your stuff. not as strict as say those from action divers in pg where there was more chit chat.

yes it's mainly macro but the large fans scream for wide angle shots.

yes it's mainly macro but the large fans scream for wide angle shots.

I'm going to take down the WA lens for a dive just for this purpose..

But.. argh!! which dive do I sacrifice macro?

Z...

hehe. thats one advantage of a point and shoot. my oly may be lousy at a lot of stuff but it has a bit of a wide angle. no strobes though.

again, thanks for the response guys!

I'm going to take down the WA lens for a dive just for this purpose..

But.. argh!! which dive do I sacrifice macro?

Z...
use the wide angle at South-point. I would have suggested Looc too but there's a nice garden with its critters at the end of the dive. Good for macro:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom