Cabilao Dive Center/ La Estrella Resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pak and Cinque, Have a great trip! Sorry I will be just missing you both. I really dont have any solid plans to dive anywhere else.We thought of going to Palawan for a day or two. Not sure if it'd be worth the trip for such a short time but I Definately want to go there at some point.

Cinque, I'm looking forward to actually seeing stuff before I bump into it!! Although I'll be missing our Annual trip to Nanaimo this year. I love those wrecks!!

"pez and cinque- do enjoy your stay here! =)"

Thanks Maggie!

A quick trip report during the trip...

Sitting here in my hobbit house/ log cabin in La Estrella Resort waiting for the 2nd dive of the day. Resort is nice. I must be 1 of 2 people here doesn't sprechen de Deutche (sp) :). Nice place. Its located bewteen Sea Explorers and Polaris. The resort dive center is a bit new and they're waiting for delivery of a proper dive bangka (2 mos). Meanwhile they have the loudest and slowest little bangka in the Visayas. The motor is so loud, your ears are ringing all thru the dive. That being said they do probably have the hottest female DM/ instructor in all of the PI... :eyebrow:

For the diehard divers, polaris or the others are probably a better bet. Unfortunately Polaris is booked solid for this Holy Week. Polaris looks like they've got various outboard dive tenders and proper bangkas.

the diving right off the point there is pretty nice. Shallow reef and a nice wall with some of the largest gorgonian fans I've seen. There were a couple that had to be over 2m across. I've only had two dives and already saw a pygmy seahorse on each dive. The shallows has some pretty amazing coral and are full of color and life. Usual dive profile has been to drop to 30-25m and drift with the current. Wall ends around 10m or so and then we stayed around the 5m shallows. We've probably spent over 30min alone just hanging out in the shallows, its that enjoyable. 60+min each dive. The local DM's are great spotters and totally relaxed about me wandering off. At the same time they've been keeping a watchful eye on one of the newer divers in the group.

The resorts here are pretty basic. Electricity turns off at certain times during the day and night. But at least there is running fresh water... But a nice place to get away from the crowds. Surprisingly, a lot of the guests here are not divers. But lot of them are taking advantage of the snorkeling.

The restaurant menu is largely western. Shocked this morning that they don't serve tocina with their local breakfast!!!

Ok got go get the camera ready for dive 2...

Mike Veitch:
not as much as it will cost you...

Ha... She's German... And she prefers bald canadians...

well, you know what it is they say, pak. PROOF! you gotta give proof.

not that she'll shrink from extinction from every hard stare from mike v. !

Just go online and search for la estrella resort cabilao. I think there is a pic of her there.

Also, who was it that just posted about no big fish in the PI? Well let's see, saw a juvenile napoleon wrasse. Others in the group saw an adult napoleon wrasse above me. This morning, we hit the point with a wicked current. At a plateau around 25m, got a great group of 50-70 large barracudas!! They just hung out there for a good 7-10min. And on the same dive, ended up doing deco (silly me got narced and dropped down to 38m at the start of the drift :D) with black frog fishes and ghost pipe fish...

The barracudas aren't a sure thing and the viz aint hot, but this is definitely turning out to be one of my favorite dive sites in the PI.

Also the other dive shop DM was saying they saw a lone large barracuda 1+m long the otherday.

Oh GOD!! I can hardly wait!!! :jump013: I'm sorry to hear about the visibility. It's not that good here either. In fact just the other day I was doing an ascent midwater and had my computer touching my mask to see my depth. Funny thing is when something started tugging my fins, I looked back to see what it was. :confused: (Pesky Seals!)

Pictures would be great! And It sounds like some folks wanna see the hottest female DM/ instructor in all of the PI. I know I do! :D

Pez, the viz wasn't that bad. Maybe 10-15m on the deeper parts, further in the shallows. Just transfering now in Manila to head back to HK. Will post pics shortly.

Sorry guys, no bikini pics... youguys will just have to go out there and see for yourselves :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom