CA dive vacation spot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raposarose:
p.s. I hope you've been doing well Robert Phillips, last I remember you had just gone through your DIR-F class (I've been away from this site a little bit). We have been diving with much less frequency since relocating from San Diego to Berkeley. But then again the diving is pretty colorful in Monterey when we do manage to get down there.

I catch your posts occasionally when you show up.:D
Congrats on the Anniv. I hope you guys enjoy the trip. Check out Truth Aquatics for some weekend dive ideas. Santa Barbara is a bit of a drive form the Bay area, but the islands offer some excellent diving opportunities. If you don't dive dry already, I would recommend looking into it. You will enjoy those cold water dives much more.:D
If you ever get back down this way again, look me up and we can do some dives.
Have a good one.
Robb

Thanks for the note Rob, I am sure your skills have zoomed far ahead of ours considering your dedication and efforts. We still love it to though. I think the dry suit would be a good change, especially for my wife. At least we have warm two-piece suits that we got custom fit.

We ended up diving at San Clemente Island. It was a great experience except that the compressor on the vessel broke and we only got in two dives after travelling all of that distance. It was a learning experience and we'll be much more ready for subsequent boat dives. For a few reasons both of our dives were a little short, but we enjoyed it. The visibility was not too great, however. But we are people to enjoy things no matter what and even seeing the usual suspects (garibaldi, senorita, sheephead, lobsters) in a new environment was great fun for us.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. For those who have not ridden it I would suggest the boat called the "Sundiver" as a quality crew.

Best,
Fox

raposarose:
We ended up diving at San Clemente Island. It was a great experience except that the compressor on the vessel broke and we only got in two dives after travelling all of that distance. It was a learning experience and we'll be much more ready for subsequent boat dives. For a few reasons both of our dives were a little short, but we enjoyed it. The visibility was not too great, however. But we are people to enjoy things no matter what and even seeing the usual suspects (garibaldi, senorita, sheephead, lobsters) in a new environment was great fun for us.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. For those who have not ridden it I would suggest the boat called the "Sundiver" as a quality crew.

Best,
Fox
Oh...Hey I was on that boat; we met [see pic in profile]. I didn't put 2 and 2 together else I would have said "Happy Anniversary!". Well it was a pleasure meeting you and your wife, glad you had fun even with the compressor snafu.

Take care,
Garrett

Nice coincidence! It was very nice meeting you as well, it was only my second boat dive and my wife's first. Hope to see you again on another dive. "Raposa" in my user name is just "Fox" in Portuguese by the way.

All the best,
Fox

Bah humbug... who says Catalina is a romantic place. I've been single the entire 37 years I've lived here. However it has some good diving! That can be romantic.

Back
Top Bottom