c5050 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zaf88

Contributor
Reaction score
hi guys ive bought the pt015 and the c5050 is about to be bought ( waiting for the pricedrop thats supposed to happen in about a week). anyway, im really tring to get the strobe package together and im stuck between the epoque d150(i think) and the new inon that nobody knows anything about. anyway, i happened upon a site ( oceanbrite.com ) and they have this procedure they do. has anyone tried this, is it worth it? here is a clip from the site: Our EXCLUSIVE "Digital Light Adjustment" (similar to TTL) Packages not only accommodate the Pre-Flash from the Olympus Digicams, but "ADJUST THE AMOUNT OF LIGHT TO THE SUBJECT". In order to accomplish this, we install a waterproof plug in the Housing that is wired to one of the ES 150 Strobes. The Digicam's external flash socket is wired into this plug allowing the Digicam to dictate the exposure. The ES 150 Strobe utilizes it's internal sensor to duplicate the exposure and automatically quench the Strobe at the proper time. These packages are designed with the sophisticated user in mind and are the only AFFORDABLE systems available that produce true flash automation for the Olympus Digital Cameras.
what do u guys think?
also will the sea & sea wide angle lens from my old mm2ex fit the pt-015?

Tried it when it first came out. Didn't work for me. The strobes are tiny, underpowered, and the quenching system doesn't work.

Any reason you are not considering the YS-90DX or the Ikelite DS-50? The Ikelite DS-125 is great, too, but in another price class.

hi guys, thanks for your quick responses. first off, i wanted to see how this oceanbrite system worked first bc it just seems to emulate a ttl system better than a slave driven sea and sea90. secondly, the price drop. i own an online electronics store here in nyc and through various contacts i learned that the price will drop like 5% (i think) either this sunday or next sunday. i really love the way the inon d180 looks and it has a built in focus light check it out (http://www.underwaterdigital.net/inon strobe.htm). has anyone used this strobe? not alot of info out there about it.
so i bought the c5050 for 610 and the housing for 250. that leaves me about 750 for the tray arm and strobe. what do u think the best system for this price would be?

Suprised to see you over here! :eek:

Welcome

Steve

digitaldiver once bubbled...
...but this subject just came up on digitaldiver.

http://www.digitaldiver.net/yabbse/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=869

We're non-commercial, but if this not kosher here, let me know and I will delete this message.

Strobe specs and comments at link.

Non-commercial is the key phrase. The exchange of information is the only thing to be gained.

I appreciate your time spent here helping us out. No reason both boards can't help each other out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom