C card verification needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Way to turn this into a PADI bashing thread.

The YMCA program was more comprehensive than (almost ?) any current recreational class.

You might as well complain about someone saying that "The Rib-Eye at Peter Luger's is better than the McDouble."

flots.

Last edited:
That's a bummer, the last two diving outfits i went out with didn't even ask to see my c-card. I guess with two kids and all of our new equipment they pretty much assumed we had them.

only balancing out the YMCA bashing

I don't see any YMCA bashing in this thread.

---------- Post added July 18th, 2013 at 06:54 AM ----------

The YMCA program was more comprehensive than (almost ?) any current recreational class.

You might as well complain about someone saying that "The Rib-Eye at Peter Luger's is better than the McDouble."

flots.

Feel free to argue that somewhere else.

I don't see any YMCA bashing in this thread.

---------- Post added July 18th, 2013 at 06:54 AM ----------

Feel free to argue that somewhere else.

obviously I have upset you, and I apologize for that. My post was only intended to poke fun...you did see the smiley face, didn't you?

seriously though, I don't see how it is helpful to point out to the OP that they should have certified with PADI simply because they have a better certification verification system.

obviously I have upset you, and I apologize for that. My post was only intended to poke fun...you did see the smiley face, didn't you?

seriously though, I don't see how it is helpful to point out to the OP that they should have certified with PADI simply because they have a better certification verification system.

I never said that. Lets move on.

flots.

Fact is it still is. Just under the direction of SEI now. Same class with a couple exceptions. We have increased some of the standards. :wink:
And instructors are required to add to the skills/educational material if in their judgment it benefits the student and if we do we are permitted to test on them as a requirement for certification.

Classes that come close? NAUI OW, CMAS, BSAC to my knowledge. Exceed? LA County certification. By standards that is. Individual instructors from many agencies that see the value in not offering weekend or two weekend courses or the equivalent can be found in all agencies. Unfortunately some of them face trouble if they get caught going too far and teaching too much.

Fact is it still is. Just under the direction of SEI now. Same class with a couple exceptions. We have increased some of the standards. :wink:
And instructors are required to add to the skills/educational material if in their judgment it benefits the student and if we do we are permitted to test on them as a requirement for certification.

Classes that come close? NAUI OW, CMAS, BSAC to my knowledge. Exceed? LA County certification. By standards that is. Individual instructors from many agencies that see the value in not offering weekend or two weekend courses or the equivalent can be found in all agencies. Unfortunately some of them face trouble if they get caught going too far and teaching too much.

Again, this thread is just about obtaining proof of certification. Theres plenty of other threads to argue about agency training differences.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom