C-card and nitrox question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smithee68

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm currently getting my nitrox specialty. Whenever I finish the training do I get a seperate card for this or will they send me a new AOW card with a nitrox endorsement?? Meaning, will I have to carry around two cards or just one. Thanks or your help.

Smitty

Depending on the agency, you will probably get a second card. It would be nice to have all on one card but as far as I know, only one agency has it this way and I have not progressed in the hierarchy to see if this holds for additional training.

And personally, I'd just carry the Nitrox card. Log your AOW dives in your book and use that as proof for the class or keep your additional cards in your SADK.

1) Why not ask your instructor this question?
2) What agency?

Most agencies issue separate cards.

Yes, with PADI they will send you a 'specialty card' with 'Nitrox' written on the front

SSI sends you a "specialty card" as well. I carry both cards (OW and Nitrox) with me so I can provide which ever set of info, instructors, numbers are asked for.

It can be a hassle to carry all of your cards around, but if you have forgotten them (or just don't carry them) most shops can look up your certifications. I know a PADI shop can look up PADI certs, I don't know if they can look up between other agencies. I got by for months without bringing my C Cards to Dive shops when renting gear... :cool2:

Hi smithee68,

You can easily order a card with your hightest certification level and enriched air diver on it online from the PADI website. Standard or Wyland cards are $30, Project Aware cards are $40, submersible cards are $35. I would imagine you must already have your EAN certification so that it is in the PADI database before you can get the combo card. I carry only a single combo card with me, I take my DPV card along when that opportunity is available as it is occasionally requested.

Good diving, Craig

I just checked the padi wbsite for card replacement. it gave me the option of replacing my AOW or nitrox but not combining them. do you have to call them or use the mail in form to get this.

If you have a primary cert and EAN, when you request a new card for the primary cert, it will combine that with EAN for the card purchase. Seems to work very well for the online card replacement with digital photo.

Good diving, Craig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom