C&C - seahorse & GBR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carl_Fallon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
G'day Guys,

I have been taking photos for a while now, and am looking at fine tuning the composure side of things. I have just added an ikelite strobe to my setup which has improved things heaps! I was wandering if anyone has any coments on the following images. I am looking at finding out ideas about diver placement, fish possitioning, Lighting angles etc. Really anything that will improve some of my photos, even if little differences.

I just got back from the Great Barrier Reef, and was diving with my dive club on Mike Ball. Also went diving yesterday and got a nice shot of a Sea Horse! Here are some of the shots.

P.S. These Sea-Horses are 5 minutes from home. So any ideas of ways to frame them, light them, to get nice effect would be of great help! I will probably go there tomorrow after work for some more photos.

P.S. I have the NEW Olympus underwater Strobe to trial in conjunction with my Ikelite DS 125 Sub Strobe. Any ideas on what you guys would do?

SeaHorse_011.jpg

Gropper_01.jpg

Gropper_03.jpg

Gropper_04.jpg

Shrimp_01.jpg

Greg_01.jpg

Greg_02.jpg

Thanking you in advanced for any help.

Yours Truly,
Carl Fallon

You don't need any help from the likes of me, Carl. Those are fantastic. Wouldn't change a thing!

G'Day Larry,

Thanks for your opinion. It is the first time i had ever used a strobe. So i pretty happy with the results. I have taken images for years without one, dealing with natural light only. It is a lot harder.

Yours Truly,
Carl Fallon

Beautiful. I'll be doing a liveaboard out of Cairns from 12/3-12/11 and on 12/12 I'm heading over to Sydney. Will meet up with Almity wife for part of the time but if you're up to diving or whatever, let me know.

G'Day Mate,

It would be my pleasure. Sounds like a plan Fairybasslet! Do you have a camera yourself?

I could show you some of the local stuff we have arround here in Sydney, if our days can line up ok.

Maybe even show you those sea-horses! A very easy shore (Muck) dive not 5 minutes from home.

Anyways, keep me posted if you are keen.

Yours Truly,
Carl Fallon:14:

You don't need any help from me either !!! Great pics.

Carl_Fallon:
G'Day Mate,

It would be my pleasure. Sounds like a plan Fairybasslet! Do you have a camera yourself?

I could show you some of the local stuff we have arround here in Sydney, if our days can line up ok.

Maybe even show you those sea-horses! A very easy shore (Muck) dive not 5 minutes from home.

Anyways, keep me posted if you are keen.

Yours Truly,
Yep. Got my camera and will have it in Dec. I'll shoot you an email with my itinerary.

Cool. December isnt too far away! I bet you are excited.

I LOVE HOLIDAYS! oopps that is VACATION in the States isnt it?:D

And cheers Andy.

Yours Truly,

Carl_Fallon:
Cool. December isnt too far away! I bet you are excited.

I LOVE HOLIDAYS! oopps that is VACATION in the States isnt it?:D

And cheers Andy.

Yours Truly,
Vacation, holiday... it means NO WORK and LOT'S OF DIVING!!! Did you get my email?

Man! Great shots! 5 minutes from the house!!! Paint me green with envy...

Mike

Back
Top Bottom