C-5050 CF card - 2GB limit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i use sandisc ultra2 +extreme3 cf cards.
i dont dive with my 4gb card, but use it as a photobank.

i dive with +transfer picts from 1gb cf card to my 512mb xd card.
then from the xd card to my 4gb cf card using the "copy all"
and it does write 4gb.
the only reason i dont dive with it, is if anything happens, i dont want to loose that much info.

I use a Lexar 2GB card with no problems.

-Mark

Hi Mark,

I need to purchase a new CF card for my 5050 & i figured i might as well get the best card possible.

What speed is/was your Lexar card? 133x??

Alex

I recently bought a Kingston 2GB 50X CF on ebay and it would not format, so have a card that I cannot use.
Tried to format in the camera and again using my card reader, but no go.

You are limited to the write speed of the camera, no real need to spend a lot of high speed cards. They do down load faster but the exrta write speed is not worth worrying about. No need for cards larger then 1gb either. They are more expensive and you gotta change batteries after about 2 dives anyway so might as well change cards as well.

Between the 1 gig CF and 512 meg xD I can shoot nearly 200 raw images. With ~ 4 sec record times that is ~ 800 seconds just recording (nearly 15 minutes). I rarely have to use the XD on a 2-tank trip, then a fresh CF covers the afternoon trip or I download during lunch.

The only reason I can see for a 2 gig card is if all my 1 gig cards failed and I couldn't find another one.

I've only been successful up to 512MB on the xd cards. Even 1GB xd was out of the question.

I'm using a Sandisk Extreme III 2Gig CF card in my 5050 and I've filled the card using RAW with no problems (except that downloading and converting them takes forever!)

Mel.b

I use the same card in my 5060 and shoot RAW as well. Sure wish I didnt have to wait an eternity between shots. A very long sequence between shots when shooting RAW. This very thing may get me to purchase a new camera setup. I have not had any problems with downloading or converting those files when using CS3.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom