Buying used Scubapro regs...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

newbie in TN

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to buy a set of used Scubapro regs. Here are the specs:

1st stage, MK2
2nd stage, R190
Octo, R190
Console, 5000 psi gage, genesis resourse computer, compass

They are asking $700 for the set. Can anyone give me any advice on this gear and if this a good deal?? I've done research on Scubapro and tried to find prices on this equipment, but no luck...

Shanna

Sounds a bit expensive to me.

A lot depends on their history. Do you know the seller, how old the regs are, how well they have been looked after? If you are unsure then you will need to add the cost of a full service to the price.

Not sure about US prices you can get an example of new UK prices here:

http://www.sdswatersports.co.uk/

Way, way too expensive. Also, the Mk2/190 is a nice entry level or stage bottle reg, but no more, so if I was buying used gear I would want to aim a little higher since the nice thing about buying used is you get so much more bang for your buck. I might go $500 for the set if I wanted them and they were in really nice shape and just serviced. But I'd rather look for a Mk10 or 20 with a G200 or 250 primary for the same money.

Originally posted by newbie in TN
I have an opportunity to buy a set of used Scubapro regs. Here are the specs:

1st stage, MK2
2nd stage, R190
Octo, R190
Console, 5000 psi gage, genesis resourse computer, compass

They are asking $700 for the set. Can anyone give me any advice on this gear and if this a good deal?? I've done research on Scubapro and tried to find prices on this equipment, but no luck...

Shanna

As was already stated these are Scubapro entry level regs. I dive scubapro and purchased mk20/hp250 new for less than those and the console computer is not going to make up the diff. I recommend to look further.

chuckrt

Good link for the purpose, but what a bunch of overpriced junk!

Inaccurate descriptions, too. Buyer beware territory!

Originally posted by Stone
Here's a link to Discount Diver's Used Regs/Reg Sets so you can compare prices (maybe). These regs have already been serviced.

Way too pricey. I just bought an MK2/R190 + SeaQuest Pro QD BC + Aladin Air Console computer for $995. All used, but the Reg & BC are in like-new condition. The computer is, well...let's just say it's a bit beat on.

I'd only go the Scubapro G250 and up, or Apeks Tx50's or TX100's. The R190 is an entry level reg....

PS That used junk is way too expensive...hell, you can buy NEW regs from Leisure Pro (www/leisurepro.com) for less than those used packages...

Here's a link to a brand new MK2+/R190 setup with full manufacturer's warranty for $179.95, for whatever that's worth to you...

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=MK2R190

Scubatoys usually gives a 10% discount to scubaboard members, but I have no idea whether or not that holds true for their Scubapro.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom