Buying steel doubles - question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is GI3?

19417004_scaled_320x314.jpg

Nothing more needs to be said.

Sort of like the old saying "If you have to ask how much it is, you can't afford it."

Blister

One thing I wasn't sure of was whether or not the kit came with bolts/nuts for mounting to the BP. Can I assume those come with the bands?

Thanks again for the good deal!

Blister

It comes with everything you need. And I agree...the price is pretty good.

Phil Ellis

Lots of misinformation:
One can put whatever burst disk in them as they want.

Yep, I was thinking more in terms of as-shipped, but you're right, you can replace or plug em up easily.

The point people miss is that 300 bar valves were NOT designed to be stronger, they were designed to be deeper. The extra lenght of the 2 additional threads prevents a user from installing a regulator designed for lower 200 bar pressures on a 300 bar tank. The 200 bar din connection is not long enough to seal in a 300 bar valve.

You don't see many (any?) 200bar DIN regulators today. The more common issue that 300bar "solves" is to prevent the use of yoke plugs and regs in HP tanks. But still, I do see 200 bar manifolds that don't have the "dimple" for a yoke screw, and I still see 300 bar manifolds that DO have the dimple. Strange world out there.

So all that leaves is the really lame "GI3 says so" argument

Whoa there pardner. You're way off base here. Come back to reality and Get With The Guidelines--Stroke!

Hey Phil can I trade in the POS 77's that I bought for 100's? I'd even pay the difference.

HullBlister, enjoy those 85's. I have a set and really like them.

His crotch strap looks a little tight...

But I think that is how he channels his powers.

Blister

It somewhat bothers me that since "Trey" (GI III) retired everyone feels that he's (even more) fair game to trash and make fun of. He's been to a lot of places and done a lot of dives most of us can and will only dream about, and has earned at least a reasonable amount of respect (at least from me) for his accomplishments. As to the whole "Speedo" thing I can't really imagine what he's thinking, but I personally don't hold that against him.

It comes with everything you need. And I agree...the price is pretty good.

Phil Ellis

Hi Phil,
I'm in the market for two HP cylinders, and have been thinking seriously about Worthington's X8 HP119. I like the fact that they're a little shorter than the X7 120. Do you have a discounted price on a pair of these? I would be diving these as singles almost entirely, but might someday want to combine into doubles.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom