Buying Scubapro Jetfins, will it fit both dry and wetsuit diving boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shamufish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, I'm planning to buy Scubapro Jetfins, but I want to use them for both dry and wetsuit diving. Do you think I'll be fine with the XL, and maybe just buy a pair of hardsole wetsuit booties to compensate for the larger size when diving wet?

I do intend to go in-store and try them out of course, but what's your advice regarding the feasibility of this? Is someone doing this already?

I use XL when wet and XXL when diving dry with them. I'm a mens size 11. But I have since been using F2s when diving wet now.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Do you think I'll be fine with the XL, and maybe just buy a pair of hardsole wetsuit booties to compensate for the larger size when diving wet?

Yes. I've done this on a whim and it worked fine.

buy for your drysuit. Buy neoprene socks and use your drysuit overboots when diving wet.

This.

I have XL jetfins and my size 9 soled 5mm wetsuit boots fit pretty snug. I have lace up drysuit type boots that I would like to wear but the sole is too wide to fit the foot pocket of the XL's.

Just be careful with jetfin sizing. They run on small size up to XL, the XL->XXL step is big. My shoe size is Men's 8.5. With 5mm wet boot or medium turbo sole, I fit into both L and XL. L is very snag, so I ended up with XL. If I was to use rock boot instead of turbo sole, I don't think XL would fit.

they fixed the sizing years ago, the XXL is now similar to what the OMS Slipstream XXL is, and there is now a XXXL that is what the old XXL used to be.

Sorry if I missed it, but I didn't get what kind of drysuit boots you have, that would make a big difference.

I have Turbo Soles on my drysuit and my XL Jet Fins fits the same on my wetsuit boots...

Any of these 3:

Deck Sole boot
Delta boot
Heavy Duty Boot

Thank you everyone who commented - I'll give the advice on this thread a shot and will report back with results

One more data point:

I have US size 10.5 feet and dive XL Jetfins with Halcyon 12" springs with DUI turbo soles and Scubapro Delta boots. I do wear 1mm neoprene socks under the wet boots, but that's more about reducing abrasion than up-sizing the boots.

Back
Top Bottom