Buying Online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Operating an online business is different than operating a brick and mortar store - I've done both, and much prefer the physical store. There are many limitations and controls that apply to selling online that the physical store doesn't have to worry about, which in may ways gives the store a competitive advantage. Inventory requirements, price controls, purchasing minimums, requirements on hours, phone systems, etc. hamper the small operators ability to operate effectively online.

At MBT, We'll normally match any legitemate internet price and in many cases we'll beat it. Why don't we guarantee to match every price? Sometimes the "big guys" get ridiculous pricing on ridiculous quantities of an item - usually closeouts - internet pricing on some of these items is well below our cost, and we can't afford to lose too much.

Admittedly, We are in need of a website makeover which will include more internet sales offerings, but for us the physical store will remain our focus because that's why we're in the business to begin with - we enjoy it! If you need something, give us a call!

Jim
MBT Divers
MBT Dive & Surf Pensacola, Florida (850) 455-7702

Or if Meryl Streep can do an Aussie Accent.
:luxhello:Fifteen inch adjustable, for Nut's n regs n valves n small locomotives. :dropmouth:

P10100784.JPG

Holy cow..... that forearm is most certainly NOT oxygen clean.... better hope their is never high O2 and a spark..... :rofl3:

In other words, with all the 100% serviceable parts that have either been
returned to the owner or "kept by the servicer" or thrown out (ahem, ahem)
after unnecessary replacement, you could rebuild all the regs in the world
for an eternity.

And the motor is already out of the frame so there is nowhere you
have to squeeze your fat skinned knuckles, so how hard could it be.

Know and love your gear so it can love you back.

Just don't tell it too often.

I can get a reg online for about $500 or in a dive shop for about $700. Online means no warranty and I have to pay the extra 30 dollars every year for the service kit instead of ScubaPro providing it. What else does the warranty cover beside service kits? It just doesn’t seem worth it to spend an extra 200 dollars for free service kits for life.

I buy all of my Major equipment purchases from my LDS. They give me good pricing, fast superb service, and I can visit them locally. My LDS gives me little "benefits" that really add up over time. Such as:
- free reg tuning when my IP crept up
- free fills
- They let me try virtually anything I want without any purchasing commitment
- Free training classes (ie. Bought my Drysuit from them and they gave me the training for free)

I treat them like a partner and they do the same for me... Financially in the long run it is worth it and I am happy supporting a locally owned family company.

Back
Top Bottom