Buying equipment with out having a fitting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've found that my LDS tends to beat the online prices if I confront him. There's some sort of law stating that they can't advertise gear at a lower prices than the MSRP, but the man comes through for me, lol. Also something to think about: Leisure Pro and Scuba Toys both have a "fit guarantee," which means, if it doesn't fit you, send it back free of charge and they'll replace it.

Welcome to the wonderful sport of diving by the way!

To my knowledge, any authorized dealer internet store will do this. We don't have it happen often, but if anyone purchase a wetsuit (or anything) from us and it doesn't fit, we get a new one out immediately.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

Translation and derivation please.

It's so much fun learning a foreign language.:)

The US and the UK are indeed two countries divided by a common language. "Porkies" is British rhyming slang:

Porkies = Pork Pies = Lies.

And in case you've never seen a pork pie before, here's a picture of one:

porkpie_104201a.jpg

The best ones come from Melton Mowbray in Leicestershire.

Another example of rhyming slang is

apples and pears = stairs.

If you want more where that came from, try:

Cockney Rhyming Slang, London Slang, rhyming slang dictionary

Back
Top Bottom