Buying camera for DH for Christmas.. will Bonica strobe fit on Reefmaster SL320?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
DH already has a SeaKing II film camera, but I want to surprise him with a digital for Christmas.

I'm leaning toward the SeaLife ReefMaster Mini Underwater Camera SL320, and I'm wondering if his existing strobe & base/support tray will fit it. The strobe is a Bonica dual sensor 'Neonlite'.

Does anyone know this offhand? I also haven't been able to find out if the Reefmaster has white balancing on it.

Thanks for the help !!

The white balance has adjustable settings: Auto, Manual, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluorescent, Tungsten
If the Bonica tray has a tripod screw attachment the Mini should fit. If the strobe works without a sync cord thru a sensor, then that should work with the Sealife Mini.

Thanks! Yes, it does have a tripod screw. I just wasn't sure if it would fit any model camera or not. And no, the strobe doesn't have a sync cord, so I know I'm all set that way.

And thanks for the info on the light balance. I think I'm all set now! I really hope I'm able to pull off the surprise :)

DH already has a SeaKing II film camera, but I want to surprise him with a digital for Christmas.

I'm leaning toward the SeaLife ReefMaster Mini Underwater Camera SL320, and I'm wondering if his existing strobe & base/support tray will fit it. The strobe is a Bonica dual sensor 'Neonlite'.

Does anyone know this offhand? I also haven't been able to find out if the Reefmaster has white balancing on it.

Thanks for the help !!

It looks as though the strobe was made for both digital and film so it should have the correct preflash ignore function needed for digital.

just got it for 198.55 plus 9.99 shipping at Leisure Pro...they did a price match, saved $50.00 over their special price...

Is that the Reefmaster Mini that you bought? Does that price include tax? That is a good price! Did you also buy the wide angle lens?

It is a reefmaster mini, $208 includes shipping and tax... the wide angle lens is about 69- $72 and I did not get it, but I am pricing a strobe for 149.95 also on a price match....

Thanks for the heads up! I appreciate it! I'm going to check that out right now!

Where did you price match that from? Leisure Pro's list price is $249.95. Did you find it cheaper somewhere else? My budget is really tight right now, but I'd love to get DH this camera for Christmas, & before we leave for Cozumel in January.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom