Buying a used BC and reg warranty?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcdeedives

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Iam in the process of buying a 1 year old bc and reg from a scubapro dive shop in islamorada Florida is there still a warranty left on them or am I getting the ol smoke and mirror routine thanks for your input

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

there is no warrenty. only applies to original owner and not transferrable. unless it is being sold with a recent annual service having been completed and sells for less than 1/2 of what it costs new stay away and buy new. getting it serviced will cost about $60. in parts alone and another $60. in labor..every time it is done.

Yes being serviced before I buy at no charge (iam a veteran so is the owner) And it is 775 for bc reg air2 and comp. So that being said and if I follow what you told me it should have a warranty iam not trying to be argumentative just want to be sure I get what your telling me

Hi Mcdeedives,

If you are buying used equipment (meaning you are not the original owner) there is no warranty on it, no matter the age. If the equipment is brand new in the shop and you are the original purchaser then, the items would be covered under the SCUBAPRO warranty.

Happy Diving!

kateSCUBAPRO

Yes being serviced before I buy at no charge (iam a veteran so is the owner) And it is 775 for bc reg air2 and comp. So that being said and if I follow what you told me it should have a warranty iam not trying to be argumentative just want to be sure I get what your telling me

No warranty..only applies to original owner..$775. for a used bc even with an air 2 and a computer is too much unless the computer is a high end one like an Atomic Colbalt..like I said it should be less than 1/2 of what it cost new..A new Scubapro Glide bc is $775. with an air 2 on it..so I would only think a fair price would be $275.-$300. at the most..what computer is this coming with and is it brand new? What regulator?

Post model #'s and options either here or in the general forums and ask someone to price it all for you. Although I agree with the above poster, I'd never pay more than 50% of new for used gear. Search our classifieds also by model to see what they sold for recently.

Is it shop rental gear they're retiring? Personally I wouldn't be interested at any price. fwiw, most LDS's service used gear they sell first also.

Scubapro also recently started selling thru major online retailers so you might check leisurepro.com, scubatoys.com or scuba.com - all sell Scubapro with full warranty coverage. Contact [user]beaverdivers[/user] (Casey) also, he's a Scubapro Platinum dealer and has offered some excellent deals on new/lightly used SP gear here lately.

You'd have to give model numbers for a good price estimate,from what you stated sofar it sounds like a bad deal unless the comp is amaaaaaaazing.

And no,you have no warranty on used goods

After reading this and much thought I will be taking the advice I have been given and going with all new gear. Now being that iam from ohio what would be a good set up for cold water. Thank you all for your insight and for taking the time to help a new guy out

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom