Buy a Drysuit or Log more dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greetings CAPTAIN SINBAD and the add in the dive magazines with the two dive logs that DUI used to run really is the truth.
I was or so I thought pretty tough diving well into December wet but I finally about froze to death and smoked a tank off in under 20 minutes because of the cold!
My first dry suit dive was Jan. 1 2008 then the world opened up!
I was diving in places where I always dreamed of, lakes, rivers, etc.
I now take it with me to FL as I dive in the caves and still get chilly if a dive goes over 2 hours.

Your dive times will triple and your SAC / RMV will go down making dives so very cool!
Never would I have believed all this if I had not lived it but I AM NOT LIEING!
Just purchase a good one and take good care of it you will be amazed and pleased.

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

As someone who is currently learning to dive in a drysuit, just get it. Yeah, there is a bit of a learning curve and you will feel like a total newbie all over again, it will be worth it. You can dive more, and closer to home, for longer.

Get the suit. If nothing else, the money you spent on it (and proper undies) will FORCE you to dive more to justify the purchase!

Just keep in mind that buying a drysuit is not a single purchase. You will have repairs depending on how well you do or don't take care of it, and you will have to consider more varieties of undergarments to go with the temps you plan to dive (and that comes with trial and error of brands you do and don't like).

To maximize your enjoyment of the suit, be sure you've investigated any number of options that the brand is offering and consider that these may change over time too, depending on what type of dive training you wish to seek in the future (technical, cave, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom