Buy a Drysuit or Log more dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wait!!!
Listen to the voice that says, "give the dry suit money to scubajim 1 and let him deciode how to spend it". :rofl3:

That is one voice I strangled without remorse or hesitation :)

What makes you think the dry suit would hang in your closet most of the year? I think that, once you get comfortable diving it, you'll do a lot of the dives you formerly did wet in the dry suit. Warmth and comfort are quite habit-forming :)

What makes you think the dry suit would hang in your closet most of the year?

The fact that most of the $$$ to dive will go into purchase of the suit itself :eyebrow:

I'm sure there is plenty of local diving that doesn't require a big expense to get use from that drysuit.

Really depends on where you dive the most. If you come South don't buy one just rent when you take a trip North. Suits change every year and I would love to have one myself but I dove wet this year in February in 46 degree water temps with no problems. Dry is nice but I don't need to spend $1200+ here in Carolina for something I only use a few times a year. You are North of me but again where are you diving most?

Buy one, it will extend your dive season and geographical range for diving.

I usually only rent one on my annual holiday to Scotland, but I am close to buying one as I am fed up renting something that does not fit well.

Really depends on where you dive the most. If you come South don't buy one just rent when you take a trip North. Suits change every year and I would love to have one myself but I dove wet this year in February in 46 degree water temps with no problems. Dry is nice but I don't need to spend $1200+ here in Carolina for something I only use a few times a year. You are North of me but again where are you diving most?

Living in Woodbridge VA, I have been diving North Carolina and Florida only. I was thinking of including the Great Lakes, Bonne Terre mine and California Kelp forests in my diving and that is why I was thinking about the drysuits.

Get your dry suit, you'll be able to dive more through the year.

Yes, you're pretty new to diving, but then again, you are in the "learning" mindset and, at this time in your diving career, have a greater propensity to seek, acquire and absorb knowledge.

A dry suit just adds another set of skills to master.

Stay shallow, learn to balance the bubble, always have a dive buddy at hand and enjoy yourself.

the K

just buy the drysuit, the water would have to be 80 degrees all the way to the bottom for me to ever get wet again.

Living in Woodbridge VA, I have been diving North Carolina and Florida only. I was thinking of including the Great Lakes, Bonne Terre mine and California Kelp forests in my diving and that is why I was thinking about the drysuits.

If you ever do Lake Rawlings, Millbrook, Dutch Springs, etc, a drysuit is soooo worth it.

Back
Top Bottom