Button missing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jax

Deplorable American
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Since there was so much difficulty understanding the issue the last time I requested a fix, I will give as much information as possible.

Concerning post:

sorry Lewis

work called, umm yelled, nope actually SCREAMED

one thing I will say is you Americans sure seem to know a lot about guns :shocked:

On this page:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/di...y-engagement-party-byo-awesome-socks-548.html

In this thread:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/dive-ny/353447-dnys-looney-engagement-party-byo-awesome-socks.html

In this forum:
Dive NY - ScubaBoard

1. The above post is missing a thanks button.
2. The above post is less than 24 hours old.
3. The above post was posted from Australia.
4. All the posts above it and below the referenced post on that page have a thanks button.
5. This button is missing in both Mozilla Firefox ver 3.6.12 and in Internet Explorer ver 7.0.6002.18005.
6. I must assume that my classified # of thanks per whatever secret time period thing hasn't expired since I can see the button and click in on it in other, US posts.
7. I have not discovered other foreign posts that have the same issue, nor can I ascertain it is OCONUS versus CONUS.
8. This was also part of the problem I initially reported back in October when the revolving window and date time set new policies were revealed.
9. I have no idea if the current issue is in any way related to that previous issue.

Attachments

• Fish not thankable.JPG
    Fish not thankable.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 36
Thanks for the level of detail included with the problem.

That poster requested to have his thanks button disabled. It is missing by his choice.

surely they wouldn't be "screwing with you", now would they? :idk:

:popcorn:

EDIT: Just saw john's reply. Didn't know you could choose to have your posts "non thankable". is that a user option or something a Mod has to do?

EDIT 2:
That poster requested to have his thanks button disabled. It is missing by his choice.

kinda Ironic, considering the user has "THANKS" in his name? :rofl3:

EDIT: Just saw john's reply. Didn't know you could choose to have your posts "non thankable". is that a user option or something a Mod has to do?

It is not a user settable selection and as far as I know Mods do not have the ability to do so either. It requires some level of admin privileges to set and this was done as a special request.

kinda Ironic, considering the user has "THANKS" in his name? :rofl3:

He made the request for personal reasons.

It's been that way for probably 6 months or more, even before the disable/enable of the thanks hack around June.

Last edited:
Since there was so much difficulty understanding the issue the last time I requested a fix, I will give as much information as possible.

Concerning post:

On this page:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/di...y-engagement-party-byo-awesome-socks-548.html

In this thread:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/dive-ny/353447-dnys-looney-engagement-party-byo-awesome-socks.html

In this forum:
Dive NY - ScubaBoard

1. The above post is missing a thanks button.
2. The above post is less than 24 hours old.
3. The above post was posted from Australia.
4. All the posts above it and below the referenced post on that page have a thanks button.
5. This button is missing in both Mozilla Firefox ver 3.6.12 and in Internet Explorer ver 7.0.6002.18005.
6. I must assume that my classified # of thanks per whatever secret time period thing hasn't expired since I can see the button and click in on it in other, US posts.
7. I have not discovered other foreign posts that have the same issue, nor can I ascertain it is OCONUS versus CONUS.
8. This was also part of the problem I initially reported back in October when the revolving window and date time set new policies were revealed.
9. I have no idea if the current issue is in any way related to that previous issue.

Is it wrong that I find this hilarious?

Hey I have several buttons missing... anyone out there know how to sew?

Hey Jax, my THANKS button is still there. Just keep Thanking me. That should rack up your 10 in no time and all the THANKS buttons will disappear. I am so halpful sometimes :D

Thanks for the level of detail included with the problem.

Can I have mine quadruple the number I get for every click? If only we had known we could customize :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom