Burst Disk markings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beanojones

Contributor
Reaction score
Burst Disk markings? Anyone know how to decode burst disk markings?

I got one labeled M38.

Where is the M38 beanojones, on the loose disc plate itself (ie) there are three loose parts to the unit, the disc the washer and the securing bolt or is it one of the new types of burst discs where the disc and bolt are all in one assembly, Ie - One Piece assembly.? and the M38 is stamped on the securing bolt.?

Where is the M38 beanojones, on the loose disc plate itself (ie) there are three loose parts to the unit, the disc the washer and the securing bolt or is it one of the new types of burst discs where the disc and bolt are all in one assembly, Ie - One Piece assembly.? and the M38 is stamped on the securing bolt.?

It's a three piece type, with no identification on the securing bolt. The only sort of ID I can make out is that M83 (I think) that is printed in blue on the copper disk.

(I really like one piece burst disk assemblies that have the burst pressure stamped on the outside bolt. This is not one of those, unfortunately.)

M38 is Sherwood's part no for 2400 psi service, I think.

Edit: confirmed disk is 2400 psi. Here are the codes:

M 28...1800
M 32...2015
M 35...2250
M 38...2400
M 48...3000
M 50...3300
M 49...3500

The code no represents the approx BP, eg, M 38 = 3800 psi

Pesky

Last edited:
M38 is Sherwood's part no for 2400 psi service, I think.

Edit: confirmed disk is 2400 psi. Here are the codes:

M 28...1800
M 32...2015
M 35...2250
M 38...2400
M 48...3000
M 50...3300
M 49...3500

The code no represents the approx BP, eg, M 38 = 3800 psi

Pesky

Thank you very much. Did you have that in a reference somewhere?

AAH, I see you got to it first pescador :D - yes its as you say, its a Sherwood burst disc and its 2400psi.

I have hundreds of M48 discs here all 3000psi burst rating.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom