Burst disc?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dcpac

Registered
Reaction score
One of my manifolds started having a small leak from the burst disc so I ordered some new discs, washers and plugs. I took the old one out in this order plug, washer, disc and put the new assembly in disc, washer, plug. The new assembly still leaked. Is that the right order or should the washer go in the hole first then the disc and then the plug?

Thanks

dcpac:
One of my manifolds started having a small leak from the burst disc so I ordered some new discs, washers and plugs. I took the old one out in this order plug, washer, disc and put the new assembly in disc, washer, plug. The new assembly still leaked. Is that the right order or should the washer go in the hole first then the disc and then the plug?

Thanks

Sounds right, did you clean all of the gunk off the threads and make sure that the hole is clean?

(Of course, it might just need to be tighter....... :D)

Thats how you should put them in. Take care and dive safe and dive often.

Bumping an old thread because I don't think the information is correct and I wouldn't want someone to find it and get the wrong info.

For a 3-piece burst disc setup, shouldn't the order be-
1) Nylon washer
2) Copper disc
3) Plug

?

VALVE BURST DISC ASSEMBLIES
Sherwood valves in service use two basic types of burst disc assemblies.
1. Older valves use the small 3/8" hex 3-piece assembly shown in Fig. 1. It is installed into the
valve cavity; nylon washer first, copper disc second, plug body third.
2. All currently manufactured valves use the 1/2" hex 1-piece unit shown in Fig. 2.
Tighten both styles to 50-60 in. Ibs. Apply torque rapidly to avoid gasket deformation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom