What PSI for the Burst Disc?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterwulf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I got a couple of steel 72's for free and have been getting them ready to have tested. I rebuilt both J valves but don't know what pressure burst disc to put in. Does anybody know what that should be? Thanks

I got a couple of steel 72's for free and have been getting them ready to have tested. I rebuilt both J valves but don't know what pressure burst disc to put in. Does anybody know what that should be? Thanks

Burst discs are 5/3 working pressure. So if your steel 72 tank has a working pressure of 2250 psi, the burst disc should be 5/3 of that, or 3,750 psi.

M

Thanks! And I'll fix the blue writing. It was done in response to a member here. She kept harassing me because she disagreed with me.

Per the DOT they should be no more than 90% of the test pressure. In this case as @Scuba Lawyer said, 3750 test pressure for those tanks and how they are called out will depend on the manufacturer of the disc

Link from Dive Gear Express which has an option for 3360psi release pressure which coincides nicely with the 3750*.9

Or just put 4000 bursts in them and dont stress it too much...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom