Burning my first HD disc question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geokr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Someone here said that there is a learning to video editing - boy are they right!

I just finished my first HD project and used Vegas Pro and now have to burn it to Blu-Ray. The manual says I have two choices - 15 Mbps AVC or 25 Mbps MPEG-2. Seems that 25 Mbps would produce better video though a larger file but this was shot in AVCHD. Is there a noticeable difference in the visual quality of either one? Is the format going to matter to the Blu-Ray player? After all this money and work I'd like to see the best. Nothing in the manual on these questions.

They both would be similar due to compression being better with AVCHD compared to MPEG. A quick test will give you the answer. Another way is to make a H264 file 1920x1080 and then dump that straight onto a Blu Ray, the quality may be a fraction worse but the process should be quicker and I doubt that you would notice the difference.

Jon

Back
Top Bottom