'Burners' that dive Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shaka Doug

Contributor
Reaction score
Kihei, Maui, Hawaii 96753, middle of the 808!
# of dives
Aloha!

I was wondering if there are any Ohana divers here on the forum that either go or have been to Burning Man. I know it's completely opposite from life underwater out there in the Black Rock Desert but when I was there I did see dive flags at some of the camps, including mine.

Anyone going next year? I heard that tickets just went on sale yesterday! There's a whole group from the state that used to be called 'Kapalina' (or something like that) I think. Not sure how many of them scuba but just wondering....

Last year I believe Burning Man 2008 set the world record for the largest ever 'Leave No Trace event' in the world. 60,000 people went out there all at once for a huge art festival / party and a week or two later you couldn't even tell they had been there! Nothing was left behind except footprints and tire tracks. Amazing!

I've met some 'burners' through diving over the years and they have all been great people and they make good, conscientious divers. I'm happy to meet more!

mark-new2.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom