Buoyancy, trim AND list control

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is so interesting! I started moving my weights back a bit when 2 10lbs were bruising my hip bones. I was ok moving but rolling a bit when I'd try to hover. Now I use 2 8lbs. Should I move them forward? And if I can get down to 14lbs, where should I put that little 2 pounder?

D_B:
SP KnightHawk

I don't have any problem with the BP/W with the tank rolling. I put my 2 lbs on the top tank strap which puts me in perfect horizontal trim. When diving double E7-100s, I wanted to flip on my back. :D

might help to think your a blmp, thats upside down ... the heavy part is on top of the floaty part, wants to spin you around .. put your weights as far arond from the heavy part as you can., to ballance it

Tollie:
I would not have thought that most operations in Coz would carry steel 100's.

Still seems like overkill to me for most recreational dives.

Aldora, Liquid Blue, Living Underwater all provide the big tanks. It's not overkill considering the profiles of 120+ feet. I think it is safer, particularly with a multi-level profile which allows a long time spent at 40-50 feet and a long hang at 15 feet. I've been on dives in Cozumel where guys have sucked down their 120 cu ft. tanks in 20 minutes.

Ha .. you should see it .. cross my arms and hold real still and whoosh , upside-down .. funny thing is .. my trim is better that way :laughing:

D_B:
might help to think your a blmp, thats upside down ... the heavy part is on top of the floaty part, wants to spin you around .. put your weights as far arond from the heavy part as you can., to ballance it

I don't need any weight with double E7-100s. But I got the hang of them on the 2nd dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom