Buoyancy Question with Whites Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can dive a Fusion either way. When I cave dive, I use my BC primarily; when I dive in Puget Sound, I put as much air in the suit as I can, to maximize warmth. The Fusion is no different from any other laminate suit in that regard.

So if you get cold down low, adding more air will make you warmer? I thought beyond fluffing your undergarments, additional air won't add significantly to your insulation....(?)

Air is insulation -- you will get the greatest benefit from the air trapped in your undergarments, but air in the dry suit insulates, too. In general, one doesn't really want to pork the suit out beyond what is necessary to get maximal loft from the undergarment, because the bubble becomes difficult to manage. But diving a single, reasonable sized tank, the air you need to get neutral is generally about what it takes to optimize the insulation from the UG.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom