Buoyancy help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be there Sunday. I dive the hydros as well, dont consider myself an expert at boyouncy but would be happy to take some video and possibly give some pointers based off what I found worked for me when dialing in my trim in the hydros

Reactions: Zef
If that's how much weight you need, then so be it. But maybe put the 14 lbs in your trim pockets and the 10 in the ditchable pockets.

When you dove in FL, what suit, water type, etc.? 24 lbs sounds like a lot even for a 7mm. In any case, try putting the bulk of your weight in the trim pockets on your tank band and see if that helps. In looking at pics of the BC apparently it's a single cam band for the tank? Maybe consider buying a pair of trim pockets that you can mount on the tank itself up above the cam band and see if that helps.

SeaSoft Adjustable Tank Weight Pocket Only

These you could just fit onto your existing cam band.
XS-Scuba Quick-Attach Single Weight Pocket

Mrbigfins that would be much appreciated especially for someone who is wearing the hydros as well. I’m not looking for perfect rite now but after what I went thru on my last dive it can’t get worse.

If that's how much weight you need, then so be it. But maybe put the 14 lbs in your trim pockets and the 10 in the ditchable pockets.

When you dove in FL, what suit, water type, etc.? 24 lbs sounds like a lot even for a 7mm. In any case, try putting the bulk of your weight in the trim pockets on your tank band and see if that helps. In looking at pics of the BC apparently it's a single cam band for the tank? Maybe consider buying a pair of trim pockets that you can mount on the tank itself up above the cam band and see if that helps.

SeaSoft Adjustable Tank Weight Pocket Only

These you could just fit onto your existing cam band.
XS-Scuba Quick-Attach Single Weight Pocket
In Florida I was in a 3mm in salt water with 18lbs. Do have another set of trim pockets for a tank band on my mares prime. I’d need to add a band at the top to use them tho. If I use the hydros band it will put them right next to the already installed trim pockets of the hydros.

In Florida I was in a 3mm in salt water with 18lbs. Do have another set of trim pockets for a tank band on my mares prime. I’d need to add a band at the top to use them tho. If I use the hydros band it will put them right next to the already installed trim pockets of the hydros.
You could try that and see if it helps. It may not get the weight close to your shoulders but closer than it would be when it's in the ditchable pockets on your kidneys. You could always make another strap, too, using a buckle and some 2" nylon webbing.

I use ankle weight on tank neck as well. I have abnormally heavy feet that are pretty far off my center of gravity, so between trim weights and the weight on my tank neck it works out

Also ride the tank lower than you would think, assuming you are diving AL tanks. It seems counterintuitive, but it trims out nicer with the tank a bit lower. When I dive it with steels, I sit it a bit higher.

I do have ankle weights. I’m gonna try all of it if I have to. I’m going to get this right. I’m no quitter. Lol

Honestly with 7 dives under your belt so far....virtually no one has buoyancy and trim on par this early in their diving history. I know I didn't. And I'm still not perfect. It comes with experience and you sort of figure out little nuances with every dive and soon you look back and think "Wow is that how I used to dive?"

Reactions: Zef
I’ve been told that. I just like to do things right. And because I mostly count a new buddies most the time I don’t want to be holding people back on a dive. That’s my biggest issue. That a breathing thru my tank in 20min cause of bad form. I do have the peak buoyancy class this summer so that will help but I want to dove now adequately enough to enjoy it and not be a Nuisance to the people I’m diving with.

Back
Top Bottom