Buoyancy Compensation Preference

What type of PRIMARY buoyancy compensatro are you currently diving?

• Jacket Style

Votes: 51 22.2%
  • Back Inflation Style

Votes: 73 31.7%
  • Hybrid Jacke/Back Inflation Style

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • Back Plate and Wing Rig

Votes: 91 39.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah well - maybe it is because the people with the jacket BC's couldn't figure out how to use the internet! (-; (just kidding!!!)

Actually look at the number --- a whole 53 people there. Out of how many states - countries? That would be pretty easy to come up with that many. I could come up with a bunch just of people I know personally who dive bp/w. So the board has more vocal bp/w divers?

Kimber

I'm currently diving a jacket style. I don't own a BC, so I have to use rentals. I'm not planning on buying any type of BC until I try a BP/W setup. Now I just need to find a place that rents them...

I own a knighthawk and am really pleased with it for rec diving. However once I move into the technical realm of diving I am going to be buying a BP/W setup for that. I still will most likely use my knighthawk on rec dives though. I know I know, I've read once you go BP/W you never go back, maybe I will be the exception.. :wink:

Matt

Things seem to be staying pretty steady on this one.

I am honestly a bit suprised by the amount of BP/W votes, although I do see a good amount of BP/W orders coming through the factory now...

They say everything goes in cycles, so maybe the BP/W cycle is upon us again.

Interesting poll!!

Scott

I use a Halcyon aluminum backplate and Pioneer wing setup.

Wife uses a Zeagle stainless steel backplate and wing.

Tried them all and I will stick with a back inflate, non BP

Uh-oh !!! Looks as if the back-inflation fellows are sneaking up on the outside . . .

Back
Top Bottom