bungie heel strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure when the bungee straps were first available, but I was introduced to Force Fins by Scuba Plus in Stockton, CA in the early 90's. For a small fee they would modify the fins by drilling extra holes and threading surgical rubber tubing. It did the same function as the bungee strap but was more difficult to adjust. I wonder if this was before the bungee straps came out?

Adam

HATUL, yes, it was Kurt at Scuba Plus who first introduced the concept of surgical rubber tubing. I liked the idea but did not like the unclean look. Years later the USMC asked for a quicker strap system for surf conditions and I found a side mount bungee system that I tested for 3 years with a Cayman dive master and others before I would install on our fins. Scuba Plus sure sold a lot of Force fins in those day's. Kurt and Marsha sold about 4 different types of dive fins. They had a beautiful in-door pool and would allow their customers to try out the different models. 80% of their customers walked out the doors with a Force Model. Time and time again this is the story. Your fins must be over 17 years old? The main point is good ideas come from our customers and as a diver I listen and make changes.

HATUL, yes, it was Kurt at Scuba Plus who first introduced the concept of surgical rubber tubing. I liked the idea but did not like the unclean look. Years later the USMC asked for a quicker strap system for surf conditions and I found a side mount bungee system that I tested for 3 years with a Cayman dive master and others before I would install on our fins. Scuba Plus sure sold a lot of Force fins in those day's. Kurt and Marsha sold about 4 different types of dive fins. They had a beautiful in-door pool and would allow their customers to try out the different models. 80% of their customers walked out the doors with a Force Model. Time and time again this is the story. Your fins must be over 17 years old? The main point is good ideas come from our customers and as a diver I listen and make changes.

I have fond memories of learning to dive with Kirk -- we used to affectionately call him Captain Kirk, as from Star Trek. I liked his style and his sense of humor. He was a big fan of Force Fins and introduced many people to your fins. I believe they moved to Florida.

Adam

Oops, wrong forum...mis post

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom