bungeed wings....????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajoh44,

Frank has a good point and since you know what it's like to get gear you might not want to keep later. Why don't you pop over to a local dive store to test out more bcds... as many as possible LOL!

If you are able to test out a properly adjusted bp/w that's when you can really do a comparison between a back inflate and a bc.

Cheers,

SangP

I want the perks of the back inflate with the perks of a BP/W. I just like the "extras" on the Rig I got. Yes, they are back inflate "extras", but that is what I wanted. I like the ability to exchange parts as I need. (such as the wing). I tried out a few (3) back inflates. They were all good. I just thought that this way, I could change out things that I wanted without getting a whole new "BC/backinflate."

I did take it apart last night. It does have the holes 11" apart. That was a relief to find out. It all comes apart easily. Even the cumberbun (with the weight pockets and front pocket) comes off easily and has holes that I can put a standard harness on if I want to later.

Again, the only problem I see with exchanging parts is the dump pull cord. (sewn into a tube to hold in place) I'm sure I'll figure something out, even if I have to cut it and find a way to put it back on.

I'm searching for a 30-35# wing now. Guess I'll have half a BP/W and half a back inflate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom