bungeed wings....????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I recall, that's a Dacor Rig Pro setup, right?

I'm not sure the wing is interchangable with other wings on that particular system. As I recall, the "components" are somewhat integrated, and the design proprietary.

If that is the case, the best advice is to just dive it and learn to make the subtle adjustments necessary to diving it properly.

When you can afford it, sell the rig (you should easily be able to get what you paid for it) and purchase more standardized BP/wing components that are designed more for the type of diving you are doing.

Lots of us go through that progression ... it isn't the most efficient way to dive, but when finances are an issue, at least it keeps us diving ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

It looks like it will all come apart except for the dump cord. I might have to do some thinking on that one. I'll try to take it apart and see what is interchangable.

I loved it in the water. I'de probably love it a lot more if I had the right wing. Thanks for all the advice SB'ers.

scubajoh44:
So I'm guessing that a #35 wing would suit me fine...??? I might start shopping around.

What about my little dump valve problem? ^^^^

Joh,

You don't even need 35, 30 is already more than enough unless you are doing it dry.
This is a good article on wings, lift bungies and why they aren't encoraged:
http://www.baue.org/faq/wing_size.html#bungied_wings

This article is a good example of how to calculate lift.

As for the wings, if the spacing between the holes is 11", you should be able to get another wing to replace it. If not... drill, if that doesn't work SELL LOL!

The dump problem isn't really a design problem it's the nature of the beast. big bungied pillows trap air easier than small pillows, try to fluff it a bit underwater... sorry I couldn't resist :D

SangP

My advice is to get the right sized wing for the job. That would be a singles wing.

Shoulder pad? Sewn to the...what? Is this really a BP/W? I guess I'm confused.

radinator:
Shoulder pad? Sewn to the...what? Is this really a BP/W? I guess I'm confused.

It's a bp/w just not a hog bp/w.

SangP

Joh,

I just saw one of the Dacor Rig Pros... Even if it is the right size for you, it still may not be the best rig for you. The best part about it is E-bay... drop it off on someone else and take a look at the Deep Sea Supply BP/W. I used to own the first Dacor Rig, but the new one I'm not too sure about. But hey... at least you know now. You should get your money back easy on e-bay.

Yes, that is the rig. I love all of it but the wing. I got busy last night and didn't try to take it apart. I'de really like to keep most of it if I can. I guess we'll see. Do yall really think I can get my $200 back from e-bay? Money is my real issue. If I do get my money back, what is a good "cheaper" BP/W?

I looked at Deepseasupply.com. They are a little more than I can afford right now. And I know I'm gonna start something by saying this... but I still like a little dumpable weight. What other setups have weight integration and maybe a pocket?

Unfortunately, when you are looking at BP/Ws you have to pay extra (meaning BIG) money for those add-ons. For pockets I recommend board shorts (ask TS&M about them). Depending on how much weight you need, your BP should pick up some if not all of your needs. Weight belts are not that horrible.

Again, sorry about the bum info on the Rig Pro... I thought the first rig was great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom