Bungeed "Octo"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainer

Contributor
Reaction score
I want to bungee my secondary second stage. Just wondering what width bungee you are using. I have some spare 1/4” and 1/8” (roughly) bungee lying around that I could use. Pros and cons of each? Thanks.

1/8...... The thicker one used to bother my lip based on my experience. It is totally depending on how to knot though

The stuff I use is probably 1/8", but I use the double fisherman's knot necklace. If you are going to put the bungie through a ziptie, as the people with the surgical tubing do, you probably want something thicker.

3/16" is the standard for the bungeed backup.

SparticleBrane:
I believe I use 3/16" as well.

Rainer:
I want to bungee my secondary second stage. Just wondering what width bungee you are using. I have some spare 1/4” and 1/8” (roughly) bungee lying around that I could use. Pros and cons of each? Thanks.

You should consider your hose lengths before doing this. If you have a standard rec setup then your octopus is your longer hose - once you bungee it you cannot donate this and then have to donate your short primary hose.

The bungeed backup requires the long hose primary/short hose octo setup!

Backup is on 22" and primary on 36". Seems a good number of people are using 1/8" and 1/4". I will use the double fisherman's knot necklace. Those using 1/8", do you find that the reg twists at all?

TSandM:
The stuff I use is probably 1/8", but I use the double fisherman's knot necklace. If you are going to put the bungie through a ziptie, as the people with the surgical tubing do, you probably want something thicker.
No, there's no need for anything thicker if mouthpiece ziptie is used. 1/8" is quite Ok.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom