Bungee Rigging my Vytec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lAl7176,

Am I correct in guessing that this is made out of elastic & velcro??

Thanks,

Dave D

JeffAustin once bubbled...
Can you put it on your wrist with it closed?

It will fit over my dry glove rings closed but wil have to adjusted tighter once past the rings.I dont think it will stretch enough if it is adjusted to my wrist and then try to put it on over the rings.I havent tried it yet but doesnt look like it will.It is elastic material but doesnt seem to stretch as much as a bungee cord does.It has a simple buckle making adjustment easy.

GearHead once bubbled...
About the Waterborne strap, I know that Uncle Pug uses one on his Stinger and he has a drysuit with dryglove rings to boot, so yeah, it's definitely long enough.
Just stumbled upon this... yes I do use a Waterborne strap with drysuit... however I used the hardware from a Waterborne strap and put it on a longer piece of material that I cut off from a tiedown strap. The standard WB strap will NOT work with a drysuit unless you have little bitty arms.

BTW here is a picture of the bungee strap on my Uwatec bottom timer. I have it long enough that it is easy to get off and on my wrist over the dryglove rings... then I pull the loop up and place it over the bezel to tighten things up.

Thanks for correcting the record, UP. I hope I didn't lead anyone astray.

Here is my solution to the to a problem that might not even exist but better safe than sorry. This is to prevent the bugee from dislodging the retainer pins. It is a 1in peice of teflon tubing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom