Bungee Rigging my Vytec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SMKChef once bubbled...
pin|strap]==bungie==[strap|pin

Does it look something like this?
More like:

==bungie==
pin|strap]< >[strap|pin
==bungie==

Both bungees form a complete loop through both strap stubs so you have to break either both pins or both bungees.

[Edit] Of course, the proportional font killed the ASCii art :)

Insert spaces to move both top and bottom "bungees" out to the next space beyond the "<", and then add spaces between the "<>" to space the ">" out past the last "bungee"

Was about to start to do the bungee straps to my vytec (SK-7 has been that way for a long time and I love it) but see that the bugee could potentially slide the pin off. This does not seem to be the best solution for this. I am thinking of doing the bungee through the cut strap but really don't want to ruin the straps. Is the Waterborne straps long enough for Drysuits? If I do the bungee straps I'll need two different sets, one for drysuit and one for warm water vacation. I am thinking of putting a 1in long tube over the pin that way the bungee can't move the pin but I don't know what I'll find at the hardware store. Any ideas?

Thanks to this thread i ordered two bungee straps from Fill Express www.fillexpress.com .These straps are a perfect fit on my vytec and SK7 compass.I like it much better than the bungee cord i previously had on there.The straps are very solid and secure.They are much better than the factory straps and bungee cord.If anyone is interrested in pictures let me know and ill post a few on here.There are some pics floating around here already.

Hey Robert, this came up earlier in the thread also. It's true that there are some grooves on each pin, and I was initially concerned that tension on a bungee at a particular angle could pop one out. I took some time and gave my Vytec a "stress test" to see if I could get a pin to give at all, and after a few minutes I gave up. I couldn't get either pin spring to move, let along get a pin to pop out. After testing it, I'm not worried in the least about losing the CPU that way.

About the Waterborne strap, I know that Uncle Pug uses one on his Stinger and he has a drysuit with dryglove rings to boot, so yeah, it's definitely long enough.

Regarding bungee, if you use the 1/8" size, you won't need to string it twice for different conditions. If you make it snug enough to fit comfortably on your bare arm, it will still have enough stretch to make it on your drysuit.

Just some more perspective for you.

rstark once bubbled...
Was about to start to do the bungee straps to my vytec (SK-7 has been that way for a long time and I love it) but see that the bugee could potentially slide the pin off. This does not seem to be the best solution for this. I am thinking of doing the bungee through the cut strap but really don't want to ruin the straps. Is the Waterborne straps long enough for Drysuits? If I do the bungee straps I'll need two different sets, one for drysuit and one for warm water vacation. I am thinking of putting a 1in long tube over the pin that way the bungee can't move the pin but I don't know what I'll find at the hardware store. Any ideas?

Also, just to keep in the back of the mind - You may want a strap to help if you rip a seal to keep water flow down.

Eric

ericfine50 once bubbled...
Also, just to keep in the back of the mind - You may want a strap to help if you rip a seal to keep water flow down.

Eric

Eric,

Put the kool-aid down on the table, put your hands in the air, step back from the table and no one will get hurt! :rolleyes:

Dave D

ericfine50 once bubbled...
Someone spiked my coffee - Ack! :D

Eric

I knew that wasn't you talking!:D

Dave D

Yea. found the person - they are now being set up with an OMS Bungie wing and pull to dump
Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom