Bungee cord to hold second stage around neck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am glad it came up too. I had not seen the thread. (New to SB).

I zip tie my bungee on my pony reg. and the alt. on my twin set up. I hadn’t thought of anyone trying to rip it off my neck. I usually tell anyone I have not dove with before that the necklace alt. is mine only, and the one in my mouth is theirs, but I can see it happening in a panic. Makes me (at least) reconsider the attachment.

Rick Inman:
OK, that made me laugh!

Year old post people are joking about.

Very subtle. eyebrow

??? I don't get it, should I be making fun of the person who reactivated the post? I was responding to the subject brought up in DTB1981's post.

Not very good "staff" manners if you ask me.

RadRob:
Actually, I am glad someone bumped this thread. Sometimes people new to the forum or new to ddiving are unaware of tips like this so they don't know to search. It is good info for newbies. I am a tech diver, so I know about it, but others may not know of these things. Afterall, learning and discussion is "supposed" to be what this forum is about.

Yup Yup Yup

I kept forgetting to do a search on this. This morning I see it and though it's an old, small thread it was just EXACTLY what I needed. I had some ideas and the posters honed these ideas and even provided some photos.

I really LIKE this ScubaBoard thing.

double80s:
I prefer using a slightly thicker bungee, but it really doesn't make a huge difference. Knots have held up well for me so far.

Are you sure about a thickness?

I have used all size of thickness.. The thicker than 1/8 is bothering your lips a lot after a few dives. Even, I tried to a thiner than 1/8, it isn't durable over time...

hoosier:
Are you sure about a thickness?

I have used all size of thickness.. The thicker than 1/8 is bothering your lips a lot after a few dives. Even, I tried to a thiner than 1/8, it isn't durable over time...

I use the 3/16" and don't really notice it. I have 1/8" on my wife's set up. Since it's attached to my backup reg I can't say it bothers my lips. I rarely have that reg in my mouth. If you do experience chafe from the thicker bungee, it could be due to the size of the knot or the shape of the mouthpiece. Regardless, use what fits best.

Happy diving.

Bob3:
I like this style:

Me too. It's a fisherman's knot. It works great for the bungeed backup reg. It allows the bungee to slide through the loops to get it over your mouthpiece or exhaust T easily, the you can pull it tight. If you use it on the mouthpiece, it will allow the reg to be pulled from the bungee if needed. You can even put it on the reg underwater if you need to. If you put the bungee under the zip tie on your mouthpiece and the reg gets pulled loose during a dive, it's a little difficult to get it all back in place underwater.

Thanks for identifying the knot! That's the one thing I couldn't figure out from any of the pictures people have posted of that method of securing the backup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom