bull shoals dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dastuck

Reaction score
# of dives
Im heading down to bull shoals in 2 weeks and cant find any recent dive reports. Can anyone give me an update? Going down for a week do so some diving and spearfishing and wondered about the clarity with the high water level.

had a friend just returned from bull shoals. said the water was still about 30 feet up. said the vis was 15-20 feet above the thermocline. the thermocline was thicker than normal so you need a light below the thermocline because it is so dark. also said the town park in bull shoals is under water so was kind of cool to swim around the picnic tables.

Sounds like there should be some great diving around the submerged timber thats normally out of the water. Just hope the spearing will be good. Thanks for the update. Im looking forward to the trip.

well just returned from a week at bull shoals. the viz is 10 feet for the first 10 feet then down to about 5 feet. the thermocline seemed to be at about 17 feet. at about 25-30 feet it cleared up some. the walleye are right in the murk. the viz is the worst i've ever seen there. we dove mostly down around the dam area. was still fun and a chance to dive. my son shot a huge catfish and a couple of walleye. have fun!

just returned from a my week at bull shoals. Your right the viz. was the worst i have seen it. The bluffs and the dam areas were the best but with all of the submerged timber around the edges of the rest of the lake it made it pretty tough to find fish. It was still a blast but not as much as most years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom