Bulb Vs LED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swimmer_spe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a C8 UK light that currently uses bulbs. The batteries will last about 2-4 dives. The bulbs, I wish I could get 4 2-3 dives out of them before they blow.

I am tired of replacing bulbs at $20 a pop.

To replace the light to LED, It is about $260.
I can get a new lens with LED for $160.

Thoughts?

Sounds like craftsmanship to me. Did you call customer service? Call them for a RMA# and send the light back.

No light should be eating bulbs. Unless you modified it to run hot/brighter or there is a short somewhere.

Are the contacts clean?

just buy a new light mate, the LED conversion only puts out 400 lumen, and while you do get 20 hours of burn time, it is far more money than you need to be spending.

Cave Adventurers - HOG Morph 1000 Back-up Light- Spot - Marianna, Florida USA - Never Undersold!
grab a light sock for $20 with that guy and you'll get over an hour of burn time off of the battery with it on high, more than doubling your light output. The sock puts the light on the top of your hand so you can still use stuff, or the light is small enough that it is actually very common to have them mounted as mask lights in cave country and then you're in hands free mode.

Dans Dive Shop in Toronto should have them in stock if you ever head down there.

Been diving an uk1200 for years and i just bought dgx600 ..never even looked at the uk since...i feel like a dinausaur

Throw it away and buy a new light dude... you deserve it.

You can get a smaller light that's twice as bright for half the price of the LED version of the UK.

Throw it away and buy a new light dude... you deserve it.

You can get a smaller light that's twice as bright for half the price of the LED version of the UK.

Plus UK sux.. they WILL NOT honor their warranties on lights..

I am up in Canada, so, double the price.

It is a good light, I have one. I also have a C8, and stopped using it for no other reason than bulk.

I know you are a bit further "up there" but if you ever get down this way for a dive in the St Lawrence, there is a reasonable alternative for shipping that avoids UPS and the BS brokerage charges. I use MyUSaddress.ca- for a US address, take advantage of US free shipping where possible, and skip across to pick up stuff when I am going down to the river to dive anyway. It generally only takes me 30 - 45 minutes across the border and back to Ogdensburg.

They will also clear and re-ship for you which could still be a cheaper option than what you are used to seeing. Might be more practical for you if you tend not to wander this way.

And not just for lights :)

It is a good light, I have one. I also have a C8, and stopped using it for no other reason than bulk.

I know you are a bit further "up there" but if you ever get down this way for a dive in the St Lawrence, there is a reasonable alternative for shipping that avoids UPS and the BS brokerage charges. I use MyUSaddress.ca- for a US address, take advantage of US free shipping where possible, and skip across to pick up stuff when I am going down to the river to dive anyway. It generally only takes me 30 - 45 minutes across the border and back to Ogdensburg.

They will also clear and re-ship for you which could still be a cheaper option than what you are used to seeing. Might be more practical for you if you tend not to wander this way.

And not just for lights :)

I am in Sudbury. Nearest border is Sault St Marie at 4 hours one way. Buffalo is around 6 hours.

The amount in gas alone, and the duty I would end up paying for something, even a light, is just not worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom