Built a gear shed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also mounted hooks on the side to hang bits of gear to dry.

Here are pics of mine:

locker1.JPG

locker3.JPG

I looked at Plywood when I was first getting this stuff together. The Particle board was less than half the price of Plywood per sheet, and it was extremely straight and flat. The Plywood I was looking at was slightly bent and I am no carpenter so I needed some materials that I knew were straight before I bought them.....less hassle in the long run. But I have been told that it is quite important that the locker be painted so as to not let water soak into the particle board.....bad thing apparently.
The pipe was Wayward Sons original idea also......It is used to hang suits etc off of. It can be pulled out to the right side when needed and pushed back in when not in use.
As for the Pegboard.........it is what is used for ventilation on the front doors. I used the 3/16ths pegboard on the front doors, it is a little heavier than the 1/8th stuff.

Very nice guys - looks like it was made from a set of plans, no?

Yes they were.......I attached them to my first post about my locker

mff18b:
But I have been told that it is quite important that the locker be painted so as to not let water soak into the particle board.....bad thing apparently.

Yeah, if the particle board gets soaked, it'll turn to mush.

-Brandon.

The original plans were from a Black & Decker projects book. Those were way too small, so I changed the dimensions. I had 2 things in mind. 1st was that it had to fit in a certain spot in my garage. 2nd was to minimize the materials needed. This is as big as I could make it without buying more sheets of plywood, and for the extra few inches I wanted, I would have ended up with a fair bit left over & no use for it. So I went with this. I figured if I get to where I really need more, I can always make another just like it. Assuming I can make a spot for it to sit in...

Back
Top Bottom