Building an O2 analyzer, anyone else need?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guruboy

Divemaster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Probably going to go ahead and order an Oxycheq El Cheapo II Analyzer kit (oxygen), mainly because I like building things.

If anyone else out there wants a cheap O2 analyzer but doesn't have the skills, tools, or know-how to build their own, let me know and I can build one for you while I'm at it.

You pay kit costs and shipping to you.

Link to the DIY kit and accessories.
DIY Analyzer Kit : OxyCheq - DiveOps, Analyzers and Scuba Diving Equipment

So how does the proess work? I buy the kit and give them your mailing address, they send the kit to you and then once put together you send it to me and bill me for the S&H?

So how does the proess work? I buy the kit and give them your mailing address, they send the kit to you and then once put together you send it to me and bill me for the S&H?

I was thinking payment for the kit (or at least a deposit) up front. I would just do a single order for all of them and just ship it out to you after I finish building it.

Would these be in housing similar to the complete units? If so I would be interested and grateful.
RichH

Would these be in housing similar to the complete units? If so I would be interested and grateful.
RichH

No idea, first time buying it. I believe they send a plastic box and I will have to cut it to make holes for the display and other things.

Let me try to find directions and get back to you.

For those who get one be sure to get the 10 turn pot for the calibration,,,,, its worth it.

For those who get one be sure to get the 10 turn pot for the calibration,,,,, its worth it.

How much closer does it get you? I round up to next full % up anyways.

The pot that comes is a 1 turn pot. it takes very little movement to change the reading several percent points. So referenceing a clock a 5 minute movement may change the reading 2-3 %. the 10 turn pot will cause a .2-.3% change. The pot is there to comp for battery voltage and sensor putput. The pot is just too course of an adjustment device. I agree with your rounding up process. To answer your question it does not get you any closer. Due to handling any error caused will be much less with the 10 turn than the 1 turn pot. I have called it for 20.9 set it down on a table, taken a sample and after sampling find that setting it dow it then read 21.2. That is a lot of error from the vibration of setting it down. Depending on how you store it, IE in a case with the foam pressing on the pot knob, it doesnt take much to cause the slightest inline or rotational movement of the pot shaft. I have used mine for 10 years now and the pot shaft/resistance surface wear over the years was no longer tollerable so i replaced it with the 10 turn pot 2 years ago.

How much closer does it get you? I round up to next full % up anyways.

The 10 turn pot will give you MUCH better resolution.

Adam

I was thinking payment for the kit (or at least a deposit) up front. I would just do a single order for all of them and just ship it out to you after I finish building it.

Not to be a smartass but why? To give my money to a complete unknown.....a lot of risk. Do you have a way of hold funds in an area that is accessible by me (in escrow sort of) so that I can get my money back if the deal does not go as I expect?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom