Building a under water diving platform

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You'll want some sort of way of attaching a GoPro to video yourself performing skills.

I just use the surfboard mount attached to a one or two-pound lead diver's weight and set the camera on the deck of a platform. If going with just a PVC. You'll probably want to mount it to the pipe or make a small platform for a camera.

can i recommend building it topside and then sinking it? trying to build stuff under water sucks. you ever try hammering a nail into the bottom of a pool?

I don't see the need for a covered deck. The Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, NM, just floats a PVC frame at safety stop depth from buoys. It is made from 8-10" pipe and you can just throw an arm over it to hold position or free float next to it and use it for depth reference.
View attachment 746702

The other advantage with the floating platform is it is 60' off the bottom so you are not going to silt up the pool.

Why would you hammer a nail into the bottom if a pool???
Insurance fraud? "I swear it was from that big hail storm that just blew though. Got my car too! Don't mind that they are all the same size. Or that the size is the same as a ball peen hammer. Nature, what can you do?"

Perhaps it should be noted that by placing a structure in a body of water you become liable for the hazard that structure creates whether or not you anticipated the hazard. Recommend discussing with whomever provides insurance for the property where this "platform" will be placed.

-Z

So the point of the platform would be to give a solid area to practice skills with out silting up the bottom. I feel like 24in would be the
It seems to me that the cheapest, easiest, and best way to practice skills without silting out the bottom would be to practice the skills while neutrally buoyant at least several feet above the bottom.

What skills do you need to practice that require you do be on a surface?

It seems to me that the cheapest, easiest, and best way to practice skills without silting out the bottom would be to practice the skills while neutrally buoyant at least several feet above the bottom.

Hammering nails?

PADI instruction?

Back
Top Bottom