Bugman's new mask ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee:
Yoda...I saw one of those bubble masks today. Does it really work as advertised? How many breaths does it take to clear it?!?
It works very well. It gives a fantastic field of view - almost like not having a mask. You need to be nearsighted and the closer to 4.5 your prescription the better. If you are not nearsighted or not enough, as in my case, the eye doctor can give you contacts to make you more nearsighted to match the optics of the mask. One shortcoming for me is that my arms are getting shorter as I age and just like needing reading glasses on land I have a harder time focusing up close with the camera, this is why I opted to wear the contacts to make me match the mask better. I can see up close a lot better than when using the mask with my naked eyes.

Clearing is not hard - a little more volume than the low volume masks but I don't really notice it. The mask has twin purge valves like the ones on snorkles so clearing is pretty easy.

The mask does fog easily because it is plastic - I use straight baby shampoo and don't have a problem. The surface also gets small scratches easily - they are not visible in water so no problem there. The mask does seem to leak a little more for me than other masks I own, but they leak some too. The benefits,for me, outweigh by far the small negatives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom