Buford Spring/Sink Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All you cave divers have got me thinking about getting in to some of those tunnels!!!! I blame you EAN (your the only cave diver I have been diving with so I have to blame you) :wink: So this year I think I am going to take a cavern class. Right after I do Rescue which I am doing in January. Damn Y'all for cave divers. Now I am going to have to spend even more money!!!!!!! :)

All you cave divers have got me thinking about getting in to some of those tunnels!!!! I blame you EAN (your the only cave diver I have been diving with so I have to blame you) :wink: So this year I think I am going to take a cavern class. Right after I do Rescue which I am doing in January. Damn Y'all for cave divers. Now I am going to have to spend even more money!!!!!!! :)

Buford Sink shouldn't be dived without the minimum of a Cavern cert. You're doing it right G-R-D. :palmtree: Bob

Good point Barney.....

It's okay. I appreciate what Mike is saying. This is not a place everyone should be tromping out to. If they did, as this place is so fragile, it would be wasted in no time.

It's okay. I appreciate what Mike is saying.

Me too. Get the proper training, use the established path way to the site, leave no trash and respect the environment. Police up after yourselves and everyone can enjoy Buford.

Barney is Mikes name on TDS for those who think I was being a smart ass.

how deep did you make it Miss?

:rofl3: I don't know that it registered :wink: I stayed at the top taking pics while the other's were diving.

EAN, I thought you were being a smarty pants :blush: Anyway, agreed that Buford is not a beginners dive site by any stretch of the imagination :no You have to be incredibly careful getting in there. As you know, that doesn't just mean the walk it means getting into the spring itself as well.

...and then there's the dive itself, which is only easy when everything goes right. The training is there for those who want a better chance at handling things well when things don't go right.

...and then there's the dive itself, which is only easy when everything goes right. The training is there for those who want a better chance at handling things well when things don't go right.

Well said.:palmtree: Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom